Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd take Neville too

We can't afford to gamble again like we did with the appointment of Garde and to a certain extent Sherwood. We need a proven manager who has done it before in the championship.

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

aye, I'd give Neville a chance here as well. Don't think it's likely, but I think he has a decent manager in him

His appointment at Valencia was always the wrong move  for him, in every way. I certainly think he would be interested in the Villa job though.

Another risk, though?

Moyes. If he won't come, then Grayson.

With Moyes though, I hope people aren't expecting attractive expansive football - his Everton team wasn't known for this. His Everton team were solid and direct. I would also point out that they were the kind of team that went on long periods of good form, followed by long periods of bad form - John Gregory style.

• Like 1

Just now, AValon said:

His appointment at Valencia was always the wrong move  for him, in every way. I certainly think he would be interested in the Villa job though.

Another risk, though?

Any appointment is a risk really, especially in the championship - it's a devil of a league to get out of. I'm not saying he's definitely the best candidate, but he'd be on my list of ones I wouldn't mind. I think he's intelligent, and understands the game well enough to read it from the sidelines. Valencia was a tough challenge-  where he did fail expectations no doubt, but I saw them a couple of times and they looked a decent outfit. I think a big club in the championship for him could be a good opportunity to prove himself. And he would have the respect of the players too.

That said I do think it's very unlikely, and I suspect he'll persue punditry and England coaching for a while.

Moyes. If he won't come, then Grayson.

With Moyes though, I hope people aren't expecting attractive expansive football - his Everton team wasn't known for this. His Everton team were solid and direct. I would also point out that they were the kind of team that went on long periods of good form, followed by long periods of bad form - John Gregory style.

MON style too.

• Like 1

They're two different people. One of them has shown a capacity for understanding the game very well in his punditry role suggesting at leas the intelligence to become a coach or manager if he wishes ( although no guarantee ) , the other is a gobby clearing in the woods who thinks mike bassett england manager was an unironic template for success.

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

More than Moyes?

I like Moyes too....feel he may have had too many knock backs....but that may be misleading

I like the persona of Pearson and I think the club is primed for his kind of style.I think we need to change and I think he will know how to do it.

He reminds me of Saunders, no nonsense, no small talk and 110% effort.

He may only take us so far, but that could be the case with every candidate.....such is the level we have fell from.

and then we would need another to push us on.

Edited by TRO