Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

Voted for Moyes, would be a fantastic appointment for us and a real sign of intent. In order of preference:

1) Moyes

2) Dyche

3) Bruce

4) Monk

5) Pearson

I like Monk and think he will be a good manager in time, but Villa would be the wrong job for him ATM IMO. 

Bruce and Dyche both solid Championship managers, I'd be more than happy for either of them to get the job.

Might sound dramatic, but I don't think I would have any interest in watching Villa under Pearson. The man is an absolute disgrace, and all his back room staff are still at Leicester anyway. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe success its Leicester was a bit of a anomaly in an otherwise very average managerial career anyway, and let's remember that Leicester outspent everyone in the league to get promoted, something that I can't see us doing

Tough one really

none of the candidates on that list  inspire to the point that they have you dancing in the streets

we have 2 options ... go with a Fat Sam type manager to get us out the Championship at the first time of asking but then most likely see us keep flirting with relegation  or we go with the method that Hollis alluded to in that we get someone who can rebuild the club from top to bottom and try and replicate the Southampton model  , which is easier said than done

Personally I'd go for Hodgson whose likely to be unemployed after the Euros' and  probably the closest to option 2 that I can think of at the moment ... he's not young but we could get a couple of years out of him and he'd put the club into a great position off the field working with our youngsters  ... but tbh he's probably as obtainable for us as Mourinho is

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This attitude seems mad to me.

What if he hits the ground running and somehow keeps us up?

What if we win the championship easily playing entertaining football?

Ha! The second coming of Christ is more likely than either of those scenarios. 

You have seen our current squad?

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldnt go as far to say Monk would get us relegated but I agree he is a gamble, and we cant afford anymore gambles. Has to be Moyes, if interested. otherwise Dyche if Burnley do not come up

Pearson, Bruce, Moyes , Dyche, Warburton.

I would be happy with any of those.  I think the football would probably be more entertaining under Warbuton or Dyche than the others but you certainly can't deny Pearson and Bruce have great experience in the championship which cant be ignored.

Moyes would probably be my last chioce on that list oddly enough, the other 4 have had recent success and Moyes has been poor in his last two positions and I find myself wondering if Moyes will ever be succesful again?

Just now, dounavilla said:

Does anyone know who Moyes coaching staff/assistant  were and if they are currently employed?  

This is a mistake we have made for the last 3 appointments.

Steve Round his old assisstant at Everton and Man Utd was coaching at Derby so I would say he could be bought in

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Me too but its not based on football managerial skills more on personality and that shouldn't get in the way picking the right man. 

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't like the man. Not a champions league win would change my opinion of him as a person. Fortunately, he's nowhere near good enough a manager to do that, and it's a moral quandary i'll never have to worry about.

Getting out of the Championship next season is an easier task than it was to save us from November this season. Not easy, but easier. I'm not suddenly going to think he isn't a word removed because the players are miraculously able to win games at a lower level.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Me too but its not based on football managerial skills more on personality and that shouldn't get in the way picking the right man. 

it's based on both, actually. It's been said a thousand times before that his successes are bookmarked by failures. He's no more the 'right man' than other options, and is a word removed to go with it.

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It certainly isn't based on football managerial skills if Nigel Pearson is the solution.

• Like 1

Warburton (unlikely), Moyes (better get the physio room extended), Dyche (unlikely) - after that I'm not sure I care much.  

Rodgers won't come and is a chequebook manager.

Pearson I doubt would be any good without his backroom and scouting teams.

Bruce, Schteve, McCarthy - just no.

Edited by rubberman

I look forward to the comments in the summer transfer thread as people are going to be very disappointed by calibre of manager and player we will be able to attract in our position. Our last 2 managers was a Spurs youth coach and a french football pundit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I look forward to the comments in the summer transfer thread as people are going to be very disappointed by calibre of manager and player we will be able to attract in our position. Our last 2 managers was a Spurs youth coach and a french football pundit

...and you want the next guy to be the one who led Sunderland to their 15 point Premier League season?

Ok :D

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

...and you want the next guy to be the one who led Sunderland to their 15 point Premier League season?

Ok :D

well we arent playing Premier League anymore. I want a guy who led a bankrupt Sunderland and a Wolves to promotion

41 minutes ago, KHV said:

Moyes has been poor in his last two positions and I find myself wondering if Moyes will ever be succesful again?

I think you're right, I reckon his best years are behind him. And his last two jobs can't have done wonders for his confidence. I think he might take the easy option and go to Celtic.

• Like 1