Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

WTF does McLaren need to do to be found out? It's like that bloke at work who always seems to escape the flak when everything turns to shit and somehow gets promoted or at worst moved sideways. He's been an abject failure as a manager everywhere, with the possible exception of M'bro, where he had enough money to make Solomon blush.

Absolute cack in the same mould as Sven.

• Like 3

I voted for Dyche, but just can't see that happening. Moyes doesn't have the recent championship winning experience so just can't see it - but seeing as Pearson is 2nd in this vote, I hope all the Moyes fans can get on board with Pearson as it really looks very likely now.

No chance in hell we'll go for another foreign manager.  The board would be mad to take that risk again plus the media would hound him out even more agressively than they did with Garde.

My verdict of those on the list:

Outstanding: Nobody
I'm not excited about any of the options, but then what do I know!  I thought Garde would be amazing and Ranieri would get Leicester relegated!!!

Good: Moyes / Pearson
Moyes' stock may have fallen, but let's face it, if it hadn't we wouldn't stand a chance of landing him.  He still has enough about him to do a good job with us.
Pearson but only if (and it's a very iffy if) we can get his back room staff. His record with Leicester was very good, plus he seems strong enough to deal with the bad apples in our squad.

Ok: Dyche / Rowett
Both very promising, young managers, but not enough experience for the job in my eyes, therefore would be a risk.

Nobody else is worth considering in my eyes. Brendan Rodgers is IMO unrealistic, so Bruce is probably the best of the lot and that says it all.

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS
  • Like 2

Just no to Pearson.

Rodgers needs a big project to get him back in the top flight game. Monk would be an interesting gamble, he knows the lower leagues very well and he knows what a promotion run is all about. I don't understand why foreign managers should not be considered? Seems a bit weird to me. Moyes, well, Moyes IMO would have been a good appointment when we got Houllier, or after he left. Not sure about him now. Don't know why.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Thinking about it,  Brendan Rogers for me.

He is going back to swansea I think, I dont want him anyway

I hope they go for Moyes asap as I have  a feeling Newcastle might try snake us for him if they go down. As cant see Rafa managing  achampionship club

56 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I cannot get on board with Pearson under absolutely any circumstances.

This attitude seems mad to me.

What if he hits the ground running and somehow keeps us up?

What if we win the championship easily playing entertaining football?

• Like 2

Moyes for me, if not next in line has to be Allardyce. Both will have us mid table in a few years, which I know we turned our noses up at a few years ago, but we would kill for that now.

Personally, I really do not care. 

If Pearson comes in then so be it, I'll give him a chance to prove his worth, personally I think any manager that comes in is in for a tough job, the last thing they need is the fans getting on their backs from day 1.

I'd be happy with Pearson or Moyes I think. Given the state of our club, I think we'd do well to attract either to be honest. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Just no to Pearson.

Rodgers needs a big project to get him back in the top flight game. Monk would be an interesting gamble, he knows the lower leagues very well and he knows what a promotion run is all about. I don't understand why foreign managers should not be considered? Seems a bit weird to me. Moyes, well, Moyes IMO would have been a good appointment when we got Houllier, or after he left. Not sure about him now. Don't know why.

I think he would be a total disaster, he was a one season wonder at Swansea and he totally lost control this season. Swansea were atrocious before he got sacked, I think somebody with more experience is needs like Bruce, Moyes, Pearson, Warburton, Dyche.

Monk would more than likely get us relegated again IMO

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think he would be a total disaster, he was a one season wonder at Swansea and he totally lost control this season. Swansea were atrocious before he got sacked, I think somebody with more experience is needs like Bruce, Moyes, Pearson, Warburton, Dyche.

Monk would more than likely get us relegated again IMO

I wouldnt go as far to say Monk would get us relegated but I agree he is a gamble, and we cant afford anymore gambles. Has to be Moyes, if interested. otherwise Dyche if Burnley do not come up

Edited by Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This attitude seems mad to me.

What if he hits the ground running and somehow keeps us up?

What if we win the championship easily playing entertaining football?

Obviously that'd be great (not that the first one has even a remote chance of happening) but I don't think I'll ever like him.

I'd be "happy" with Moyes, for a Championship club he'd be a real coup.

The thing is, he was at Everton for more than 10 years and when he finally tested his wings at Man U (a very difficult job) he failed.

Could not handle big stars, his training methods was called outdated and ancient, results were not good enough...

He then moved to Spain (a very difficult move) and failed horribly, 28.5 win%  at a club like Sociedad is just awful.

I'm not saying Moyes is a bad manager, he isn't. Both jobs were very difficult for different reasons, as is the Villa job.

But there is a risk that he is "broken" mentally.

He could be just itching for revenge, eager to step in and rebuild his name and reputation. I'd love that manager at Villa.

Or he could be mentally frail, unsure of his own ability, weak and someone who crumbles under the pressure, don't wan't that guy.

Every manager is a risk for different reasons...

Bit harsh, it's not like Swansea have gone on some brilliant run since he left, they looked as poor against us the other day as they did in October.

I think he's a talented manager but whether he's the right man we need for next season is very questionable.