Who do you want as Next Manager Poll

Demitri_C

VillaTalk: Who do You Want as Next Manager Poll?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Next Manager?

• Steve Bruce
    • David Moyes
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Sean Dyche
    • Gary Monk
    • Other

My Gran would do it for free. She is always looking for an excuse to get out of the house. Her conditions are everyone is to wipe their boots before entering the change rooms, when she brings in her famous pumpkin scones, everyone is to share, and no more than 2 per person ( looking at you, Gabby). No bad language, Grealish to change his shirt name to Tweety, and two of the bigger lads to help her up and down the stairs.

She is keen, and her severance pay would just be a plane ticket home. If it doesn't work out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Bizarre interviews ? Watch Pearson's interviews then watch Ron Saunders interviews, Alex Ferguson interviews, Jose Murinho etc.

Speaking of bizarre, this point is bizarre. Pearson isn't some kind of enigmatic managerial genius, he's just a word removed.

• Like 1

in terms of interview style which apparently is a big thing now for managers now the closest person to Pearson is probably Clough in that he thinks about the answer and not afraid to belittle the journalist for stupid questions though Clough was on another level to it

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in terms of interview style which apparently is a big thing now for managers now the closest person to Pearson is probably Clough in that he thinks about the answer and not afraid to belittle the journalist for stupid questions though Clough was on another level to it

The difference there is that Clough was a world class manager whereas Pearson's just a world class prick.

It does not matter who we get as our next manager if he has to carry on the Lerner tradition of "getting rid of the high earners" then we are back where we were 4/5 years ago.I dont know anything about baseball,basketball or ice hockey but I would say that if you get rid of your high earners in any of those sports then you are getting rid of your best players.

In fact, that is exactly why we are where we are today.We got rid of the high earners.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The difference there is that Clough was a world class manager whereas Pearson's just a world class prick.

was Clough not a prick? he actually attacked fans

2 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Reading through this thread and I'm beginning to get a hint of perhaps a slight anti-Pearson vibe from Mantis :detect:

and he moaned that people didnt give Garde a chance :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

and he moaned that people didnt give Garde a chance :P

There's a massive difference between not wanting someone in initially and then giving them a chance when they're actually in.

I'm not sure you're aware of this ;)

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

well hopefully he has same attitude if Pearson is appointed. though I dont remember him giving Eck a chance either but many others didnt either :(

Says the man who wanted Garde sacked after a handful of games for playing a player he didn't like :rolleyes:

Stones and glass houses.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1