Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

On 08/08/2023 at 17:17, nick76 said:

If you know, you know!

That would have been a good one for the old "what happened next" round on QoS.

The moment before an iconic moment. Magic.  Gerrard would be creaming himself.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Dalian was one of those players who didn't realise just how good he really was. I remember how excited I was when we signed him. When he was on it, poetry in motion. 

When he signed it at Keast was about to he used to come to Barley’s at Mere Greene and park his Lambourgini with Spanish plates parked outside. He always came across as a humble decent man. On the pitch, what a player I saw him play lots of times although I was t at Wimbledon for that amazing goal. I was at Wembley vs Utd in the League Cup Final when he scored though. I thought that was a classic Dalian goal and it really sent us on our way. I stayed over night in the Wembley Hilton which was full of plastic Man U fans which we wound up to nearly meltdown point. A great day and night out. They were intent on getting us to admit that they were the best team in the country and I was intent on asking them the same question every time, “If you’re that good, where’s your trophy?”  One of the barmen told us that Nigel Kennedy was having a party on the top floor, all Villa fans were invited. But we were having too much fun winding up the Cockney Red Mancs. I told the barman to invite Nigel to the bar I’m sure he’d have loved it!  I met him outside Hillsborough when we played Sheffield Wednesday first game of the season and Big Ron’s first game another great day out with the mighty Villa, an experience the plastic army of any colour will never understand or really experience. UTV!!

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

One of the best Villa away days ever. You just knew we were going to win that game when big Cyrille got that first one just before half- -time . To this day I can still hear the non - stop chant of "Big Fat Ron and His Claret and blue Army,," what a Day, indeed!

I had to work in the morning and do I drove to Sheffield and arrived later then most. I’m sure I was the only sober Villa fan there. Everyone else was well bladdered including Nigel Kennedy. It was indeed one of the great away days. I’d been singing, “Big Fst Ron’s claret and blue army for days and so pissed or sober everyone was belting it out full blast. In the car on the wsy back the locals were phoning in to complain about Ron betraying them. We phoned in to say thst the Brum press were reporting that their star striker, can’t remember his name now, was on his way to Villa too. All made up but it sent them over the edge!!Got  back to Brum and caught up with the beer intake. A day that’ll live with me forever!! Along with a day in May 1982. I love our football club!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I had to work in the morning and do I drove to Sheffield and arrived later then most. I’m sure I was the only sober Villa fan there. Everyone else was well bladdered including Nigel Kennedy. It was indeed one of the great away days. I’d been singing, “Big Fst Ron’s claret and blue army for days and so pissed or sober everyone was belting it out full blast. In the car on the wsy back the locals were phoning in to complain about Ron betraying them. We phoned in to say thst the Brum press were reporting that their star striker, can’t remember his name now, was on his way to Villa too. All made up but it sent them over the edge!!Got  back to Brum and caught up with the beer intake. A day that’ll live with me forever!! Along with a day in May 1982. I love our football club!

When people talk about finishing top 4, I always tell them that it will never give them the feelings you describe above. I've seen us win two trophies, two of the best days of my life. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

When people talk about finishing top 4, I always tell them that it will never give them the feelings you describe above. I've seen us win two trophies, two of the best days of my life. 

You’re a man who understands what it’s like to be a proper football fan!  No plastic in your genes mate!  UTV!

• Like 1

On 11/08/2023 at 23:21, sheepyvillian said:

One of the best Villa away days ever. You just knew we were going to win that game when big Cyrille got that first one just before half- -time . To this day I can still hear the non - stop chant of "Big Fat Ron and His Claret and blue Army,," what a Day, indeed!

If I recall we were the first set of supporters to be in the lower tier of the Leppings Lane end after it had been re-done after the Hillsborough disaster.

I was on the third row in the lower tier that day and when Staunton's winner went in after the celebrations had settled there was concrete dust blowing around all round us, from where the celebrations had disturbed it.

4 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

If I recall we were the first set of supporters to be in the lower tier of the Leppings Lane end after it had been re-done after the Hillsborough disaster.

I was on the third row in the lower tier that day and when Staunton's winner went in after the celebrations had settled there was concrete dust blowing around all round us, from where the celebrations had disturbed it.

I think you maybe right. That has a kind of haunting feel to it. 

What an absolute terrible disaster that was. I think the person who made the decision to allocate Liverpool the Leppiings Lane stand should also have been charged. What a ridiculous decision. 

On 09/07/2023 at 09:32, John said:

Andy after scoring a hat-trick in our 6-0 win at Oldham in 1971: 

On this day: Andy Lochhead hat-trick/Happy Birthday Alan Deakin | News | Aston  Villa Football Club | AVFC

I was at the reserves game with my Dad at VP that day. I can remember the score going up and up on the scoreboard thingy. 

• Like 1

On 18/08/2023 at 13:03, Brumstopdogs said:

Not a pair of trainers in sight. Sensible shoes all round.  In my lifetime. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

luc-nilis.jpg

That goal vs Chelsea. 23 years ago today 

What a great goal that was (poetry in motion), it could have been the first of many...if only. 😧

Villa v Chelsea video: Watch Luc Nilis debut wonder goal | News | Aston  Villa Football Club | AVFC

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 27/08/2023 at 17:17, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

luc-nilis.jpg

That goal vs Chelsea. 23 years ago today 

He would’ve been amazing for us… what an impact!

Why do our best players get so many serious injuries? 😭 Luc had it the worst 😔 

Only just beginning to get over or come to terms with the injuries Emi and Ty have suffered… 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

F5Cd1JiWgAAregm?format=jpg&name=900x900

What a beautiful photo.

I think if he'd stayed injury free, Shaw would be thought of on the same level as Gascoigne, Lineker & Robson.

Still got one of those sweats bands in the loft somewhere, cannot remember the game, but I was in the Witton lane seats when I got it🥰

• Like 4

Â