Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

Can you imagine Les Sealey today with the money and social media and the microscope on him?  He was bonkers enough when he was out of sight and poor :crylaugh:

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Mortimer even looks unhappy there. No wonder he stuck two fingers up to the Holte - End.

Doesn't seem to like the chap with the camera does he? 

1 hour ago, John said:

Or just camera shy...;)

Honestly, definitely the other.

He hated being with us, for what reason, I know not, but the sight of him sticking his two fingers up to the Holte aftet scoring is indelibly etched on my memory forever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He hated being with us, for what reason, I know not, but the sight of him sticking his two fingers up to the Holte aftet scoring is indelibly etched on my memory forever. 

I heard he was getting a load of racist abuse from some narrow minded fans so probably the reason.

6 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I heard he was getting a load of racist abuse from some narrow minded fans so probably the reason.

I doubt that, especially when you consider the amount of black players we had then. He just never settled or seemed to want to be there from day one. There's no doubt we have had our fair share of racist fans, but I can't recall any of the many black players we have had, coming out in public to complain about abuse from our own support.  

It's really nice that there's an upbeat feel to VT despite the defeat last week. We know when the team gives it all and I'm hoping it wlll be the same attitude today, only with a better outcome. 

Keep the faith. Come on me Babbys!

• Like 1

On 16/02/2024 at 18:17, sheepyvillian said:

https://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=58297.0

Went on a bit of a deep dive after seeing this post. On that link there is a video of the whole season review, and about 28 minutes in you can see the goal. Doesn’t look like he sticks anything up to the crowd at all, and further commentary on that post corroborates it. 

12 hours ago, Rich192 said:

https://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=58297.0

Went on a bit of a deep dive after seeing this post. On that link there is a video of the whole season review, and about 28 minutes in you can see the goal. Doesn’t look like he sticks anything up to the crowd at all, and further commentary on that post corroborates it. 

Trust me,  I was at the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 01/03/2024 at 22:38, imavillan said:

Photo credit that place formally known as twitter

Witton Lane sometime in the 80's

There used to be a good chippy in the row of houses just behind from where the photo was taken

spacer.png

And a private West Indian gentlemans club 

Edited by Follyfoot

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

And a West Indian gentlemans club 

ah yes, i'd forgot about that......and then there was the house a couple of doors down where you could leave your push bike for a couple of bob

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

Â