Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've not trawled through every page and I can't remember if this has been posted before but what an iconic picture of how football was in the past.

(wish it had come a bigger than it has but not sure how to do that without losing definition)

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 08/11/2023 at 18:49, Brumstopdogs said:

They locked the gates that day at about 2 pm as well. Probably 20,000 locked out. I know this to be true as my stupid uncle would not leave early saying it would be not be a problem getting in, clearing in the woods

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Was it The Doc who said "if you hang 11 claret and blue shirts out on a clothesline, thousands of villa fans would turn up to watch then dry"?

Yep

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

They locked the gates that day at about 2 pm as well. Probably 20,000 locked out. I know this to be true as my stupid uncle would not leave early saying it would be not be a problem getting in, clearing in the woods

I was 10 years old and went with some older lads from Stockland Green. At the end we went on the pitch and I remember being on the shoulders of some big lad called Ben. They all used to play for a football team called St Marks and they were quite good for their level

I do remember the Hurst twins because their dad had a car parts shop on the Green.

Great memories. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

spotted on FB

Fantastic.

When the Holte was the Holte, no crappy middle dividing gap/line that effectively turned it into two areas.

EDIT: state of the pitch, nothing like the carpets they play on these days.

spacer.png

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, imavillan said:

spotted on FB

Fantastic.

When the Holte was the Holte, no crappy middle dividing gap/line that effectively turned it into two areas.

EDIT: state of the pitch, nothing like the carpets they play on these days.

spacer.png

What a beautiful sight 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I thought it could be Bryan Small, but didn't think it was.

Was it Paul Mortimer I believe 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â