Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

Someone I know has been given 2 lovely framed photographs of the 1957 cup winning side with all the players signed autographs, and one of the 1982 European cup winning side also autographed by each player. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea how much they could be worth. 

I was trying to download photos from my gallery but couldn't find the link for VT.

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Someone I know has been given 2 lovely framed photographs of the 1957 cup winning side with all the players signed autographs, and one of the 1982 European cup winning side also autographed by each player. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea how much they could be worth. 

I was trying to download photos from my gallery but couldn't find the link for VT.

Priceless

Vaguely on the same "rare/what's it worth" theme, but not villa related....take a look at this ebay item listing...it was on for £30k at one stage....check the size of the shirt M - now us old uns who saw Larry in his prime would confirm he NEVER wore a medium shirt not even in a European cup final !

Screenshot_20230804_131924_eBay.jpg

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Vaguely on the same "rare/what's it worth" theme, but not villa related....take a look at this ebay item listing...it was on for £30k at one stage....check the size of the shirt M - now us old uns who saw Larry in his prime would confirm he NEVER wore a medium shirt not even in a European cup final !

XXL, definitely!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Two caps in one game according to Cloughie, his first and his last!

• Like 1

On 09/07/2023 at 14:24, GlobalVillan said:

30?? Bloody hell. 

I just asked my missus how old this man looks (just the face so as not to give away that he was a footballer). She guessed 88. Lol

I would guess late 50's at the very youngest. 30? Crazy.

It's the lack of moisturizer that does it

1 hour ago, Villa 59 said:

Is that Chico Hamilton on the right?

Good spot

oh, to be that age again, you kind of knew that something special was happening. The rise of the fallen to sublime football in 7677 to the champions of England and the champions of Europe with a couple of league cups thrown in. It all felt so normal then🤣🤣

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Good spot

oh, to be that age again, you kind of knew that something special was happening. The rise of the fallen to sublime football in 7677 to the champions of England and the champions of Europe with a couple of league cups thrown in. It all felt so normal then🤣🤣

Success will return under Unai if we're patient 

• Like 1

Just now, Villa 59 said:

Success will return under Unai if we're patient 

I hear you brother. Hundred percent convinced myself, I would love my kids to experience what I did, back then (both season-ticket holders to my credit to the debit of my bank account🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John said:

On this day in 1972, we played Manchester City at Villa Park in the Charity Shield in front of 34,859, including those below in the Witton End (Francis Lee's 70th minute penalty below beating Jim Cumbes). Our team was Cumbes, Wright, Nicholl, Ross, Aitken, McMahon, Rioch, Vowden, Graydon, Lochhead & Anderson. City played Corrigan, Book, Donachie, Doyle, Booth, Bell, Summerbee, Lee, Davies, Marsh & Towers. 

No photo description available.  image.jpeg.1c222bbd497b8369247acb028e6ff029.jpeg 

Great pics John. I would have been there that. Am I right in saying that it ended in a draw and we shared the trophy? Some great players including  a true Villa legend in Charlie Aitken.

Oh Ray Graydon, he took the penalty

And scored the goal that won the cup for Villa at Wembley 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I agree. I would love them myself but it would be helpful to know how much they are actually worth. Some kind of ball - park figure. 

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

6 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Great pics John. I would have been there that. Am I right in saying that it ended in a draw and we shared the trophy? Some great players including  a true Villa legend in Charlie Aitken.

Oh Ray Graydon, he took the penalty

And scored the goal that won the cup for Villa at Wembley 

No, we lost 1-0 I'm afraid. I think you might be thinking of the 1981 one, when we drew 2-2 with Spurs and shared the shield. Pin on My saves

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Jeez, the thought of the kids at the front being pushed by a crowd surge onto those railing spikes... :(

The spikes weren't sharp, I stood in front of them as a child, I think you would probably have had to fallen onto them to do any damage, thankfully I don't think anyone ever did.

3 hours ago, John said:

On this day in 1972, we played Manchester City at Villa Park in the Charity Shield in front of 34,859, including those below in the Witton End (Francis Lee's 70th minute penalty below beating Jim Cumbes). Our team was Cumbes, Wright, Nicholl, Ross, Aitken, McMahon, Rioch, Vowden, Graydon, Lochhead & Anderson. City played Corrigan, Book, Donachie, Doyle, Booth, Bell, Summerbee, Lee, Davies, Marsh & Towers. 

No photo description available.  image.jpeg.1c222bbd497b8369247acb028e6ff029.jpeg 

Makes me feel like a packet of them chocolate biscuits that the kids, wearing their paper hats with a plastic tray strapped around themselves, used to sell walking around the pitch at half- time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Makes me feel like a packet of them chocolate biscuits that the kids, wearing their paper hats with a plastic tray strapped around themselves, used to sell walking around the pitch at half- time.

Or perhaps a cup of Bovril. It's not shirt sleeved weather this August. 🌧️

• Like 1

Â