Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

56 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

As warming as a cup of Bovril was, on reflection, it was disgusting stuff.

It's a bit like Marmite I guess, you either like it or you don't. I did rather like it back then. :)

On 03/08/2023 at 20:19, sheepyvillian said:

Someone I know has been given 2 lovely framed photographs of the 1957 cup winning side with all the players signed autographs, and one of the 1982 European cup winning side also autographed by each player. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea how much they could be worth. 

one-milliondollars-dr-evil.gif

• Like 2

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Something that you rarely had to share with your girlfriend! 

Not that I often had a girlfriend back then and certainly not one I’d take to Villa Park, or at least who’d come with me!

• Like 1

Someone I know has been given 2 lovely framed photographs of the 1957 cup winning side with all the players signed autographs, and one of the 1982 European cup winning side also autographed by each player. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea how much they could be worth. 

I was trying to download photos from my gallery but couldn't find the link for VT.

Like any other market the value is at the point where buyer and seller agree. This can be altered by many other factors of course. But fear and greed generally are considered factors that often play a part. 

29 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Like any other market the value is at the point where buyer and seller agree. This can be altered by many other factors of course. But fear and greed generally are considered factors that often play a part. 

I'm going to try and download the photos to VT.

On 05/08/2023 at 06:44, John said:

On this day in 1972, we played Manchester City at Villa Park in the Charity Shield in front of 34,859, including those below in the Witton End (Francis Lee's 70th minute penalty below beating Jim Cumbes). Our team was Cumbes, Wright, Nicholl, Ross, Aitken, McMahon, Rioch, Vowden, Graydon, Lochhead & Anderson. City played Corrigan, Book, Donachie, Doyle, Booth, Bell, Summerbee, Lee, Davies, Marsh & Towers. 

No photo description available.  image.jpeg.1c222bbd497b8369247acb028e6ff029.jpeg 

Was there that day, but in the Holte.

4 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Was there that day, but in the Holte.

So was I. ;) I thought we were unlucky on the day, but Manchester City had some fine players back then and I don't think they quite needed to go into top gear. 

I was trying to download photos from my gallery but couldn't find the link for VT.

On e-bay they have a 57 photograph (unframed) and signed by 4 players for £59.99 (I would guess one that has been signed by them all, would be quite rare now) and an 82 photograph, signed by 12 for £199.99:

AUTOGRAPHED ASTON VILLA 12x8 PHOTO 1957 : FA CUP WINNERS (014) - Picture 1 of 1

ASTON VILLA 1982 EUROPEAN CUP FINAL FOOTBALL PHOTO SIGNED BY 12 WITH PROOF & COA - Picture 1 of 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John said:

On e-bay they have a 57 photograph (unframed) and signed by 4 players for £59.99 (I would guess one that has been signed by them all, would be quite rare now) and an 82 photograph, signed by 12 for £199.99:

AUTOGRAPHED ASTON VILLA 12x8 PHOTO 1957 : FA CUP WINNERS (014) - Picture 1 of 1

ASTON VILLA 1982 EUROPEAN CUP FINAL FOOTBALL PHOTO SIGNED BY 12 WITH PROOF & COA - Picture 1 of 2

The one I've got of the 57 team is with them sitting at Villa Park with the Trophy in front of them. It has a wooden frame. The 82 one is the same photo as above  but is also in a wooden frame  with two pictures of green, what are I imagine, match tickets. 

I tried downloading to VT but it was saying the picture was too big. I only have an old Samsung S7. I  don't know if that's the reason why, they're in my gallery. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The one I've got of the 57 team is with them sitting at Villa Park with the Trophy in front of them. It has a wooden frame. The 82 one is the same photo as above  but is also in a wooden frame  with two pictures of green, what are I imagine, match tickets

I tried downloading to VT but it was saying the picture was too big. I only have an old Samsung S7. I  don't know if that's the reason why, they're in my gallery. 

Gold dust back then:

Football Match Ticket 1982 European Cup Final, Aston Villa v FC Bayern  München. Feijenoord Stadion R

• Like 2

Â