Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

7 hours ago, Ginko said:

And yet you don't offer a list of alternative candidates that you'd prefer and the reasons why.

This isn't actually true, he did offer a list of alternative candidates, including such overlooked picks as Hiddink and Van Gaal. 

On 26 May 2016 at 22:47, thabucks said:

Will you go on about how we should of got Pearson if we lose and derby win? Is this something you will go on about for the next year ? 

I think Pearson is a massive prick and I'm glad he won't be near us, that said if he had (unfortunately) ended up here I would of got behind him 100% like I have with all villa managers. 

Would you like that?.....well what would you say?

are you in a syndicate?:)

Edited by TRO

Steve Bruce told BBC Radio 5 Live Sport that he would be considering his future after Hull's play-off win:

“I’ll sit down with the owners and it’s not often you walk away from the Premier League because that is where I want to manage,” 

“I have to be given certain assurances that we are moving in the right direction,” 

Has he got another (claret & blue) iron in the fire? :detect:

That's what I was thinking, John.

He knows this division well (is it 4 promotions?). Done pretty well on restricted budgets. Definitely ambitious. Lives locally, IIRC. It appears he wants to be at a club who back him when he wants to make some 'bigger' signings. Will Hull offer this or does he feel that fighting relegation with them is the extent of their long-term viability?

If Dr T's pledges are true, it's certainly an interesting job to be had at Villa Park. The better budget over the short and medium term than he's used to at Hull might be tempting for him.

If you remove his connection with the Sty and overlook it in favour of just reading his record, he's a good candidate. If Dyche is now the kind of guy we're aiming for, surely Bruce should be in the mix if he doesn't get the assurances he wants at Hull.

RDM doesn't seem to be nailed on right now. Maybe Dr T's biding his time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Will Hughes is the obvious one. Assuming he doesn't go to the Premier League next season I think we should really push the boat out to sign him. He's a very good player who, at Championship level, will dictate games. He's still young so has plenty of upside.

With Newcastle linked to him there's really no reason why we shouldn't be able to sign him.

Right now if I were Will Hughes I'd  join Newcastle and I wouldn't even blink. They've got an owner, a manager, infrastructure, some footballers...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

That's what I was thinking, John.

He knows this division well (is it 4 promotions?). Done pretty well on restricted budgets. Definitely ambitious. Lives locally, IIRC. It appears he wants to be at a club who back him when he wants to make some 'bigger' signings. Will Hull offer this or does he feel that fighting relegation with them is the extent of their long-term viability?

If Dr T's pledges are true, it's certainly an interesting job to be had at Villa Park. The better budget over the short and medium term than he's used to at Hull might be tempting for him.

Is the same Steve Bruce who - lest we forget - relegated Hull after spending £50m over two seasons? And he's worried about them not matching his ambitions? Hilarious. 

4 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Why?

because Pearson seems the type of manager who wont put up with passengers who doesnt do a job for the team and care about themselves

Everyone here realises that odds have little to do with likelihood and everything to do with the bookmakers exposure?

The guy from paddy power (I think it was) said the other week someone's price moved in the next manager market from 30 something in short off the back of a few £50 bets...

Bruce is 6/1 with Skybet, 7/1 with Ladbrokes and 10/1 with both Betfair & Paddypower today. But RDM is still 1/10, 1/8, 1/9 and 1/10 with these same bookmakers so he still remains a very strong favourite with those companies still taking bets on what is seen as close to being a sure thing with the other bookies.   

6 minutes ago, John said:

Bruce is 6/1 with Skybet, 7/1 with Ladbrokes and 10/1 with both Betfair & Paddypower today. But RDM is still 1/10, 1/8, 1/9 and 1/10 with these same bookmakers so he still remains a very strong favourite with those companies still taking bets on what is seen as close to being a sure thing with the other bookies.   

A mate who heard from someone claiming to be ITK (got info from Cowans - and yes we've heard all these so called ITK rumours before) say they were waiting on the outcome of the playoff final, as Bruce would almost certainly leave. Today, he gives interview saying he is considering his future. I put £10 on him at 12/1 yesterday and the odds have halved in 24 hours.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

A mate who heard from someone claiming to be ITK (got info from Cowans - and yes we've heard all these so called ITK rumours before) say they were waiting on the outcome of the playoff final, as Bruce would almost certainly leave. Today, he gives interview saying he is considering his future. I put £10 on him at 12/1 yesterday and the odds have halved in 24 hours.

Your £10 bet sure has them rattled then. ;)

• Like 2

Can't see Sid being privy to the thoughts of the new regime-How could he possibly know?

Bruce opens up yet another can of worms.

I've always thought that he's bought extremely well, others think the opposite. He assembled a good side at Blues for 3 seasons when they first came up-Ironically, the best on paper was the one that went down.

He got Bent for £10mil for Sunderland and has signed some good players for Hull.

I have no stand out choice for manager-I'd probably have gone for Moyes given that most wanted him and it would galvanise things a little. Moyes has his negatives as well though.

RDM, Bruce or Pearson? I wouldn't like to say which one is the best bet-It's so close.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bruce is officially the most successful manager at getting promoted from the championship. Why on earth wouldn't we want him at this moment in time? 

Because he looks like an old potato face... And used to manage Small Heath.

At least that's what it seems. 

My view is open minded, I've never been a huge fan but he does have the promotion experience we're looking for. Could be succeed? He's got as much chance as any of the other candidates.