Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7186676/Roberto-Di-Matteo-is-the-new-Aston-Villa-manager-on-a-35000-a-week-contract.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-SunAstonVilla-_-20160531-_-Football-_-480380984-_-Imageandlink

ROBERTO DI MATTEO is the new manager of Aston Villa and expects to be behind his desk within 48 hours.

SunSport can reveal the 45-year-old Italian has been notified the job of returning Villa to past glories is his, following a positive meeting with Villa chairman Steve Hollis last Thursday.

Hollis was "bowled over" by Di Matteo after meeting the former Chelsea and Italy midfielder for the first time and moved swiftly over the weekend to finalise the finer details of Di Matteo’s £35,000-a week contract.

Those negotiations are expected to conclude within 48 hours after Di Matteo’s blueprint for the future delighted Villa’s new owner in waiting Tony Xia.

He personally pushed for the Italian after being impressed by his pedigree, which peaked when Di Matteo led Chelsea to Champions League glory four years ago.

Aston Villa’s board, led by Hollis, had originally singled out Nigel Pearson for the job – while David Moyes was also spoken to, after Villa whittled down an initial list of more than 50 candidates.

But once he had met Di Matteo and heard his far-reaching plans Hollis was convinced Villa had their man – and significantly, Pearson accepted the Derby County job the following day..

£35,000 a week? The Doctor does not throw his money around does he? ;)

Roberto might need to ask Gabby for a fiver to see him through to the end of the week because he is earning considerably more than him for doing considerably less as well as look for a more economical set of wheels (I think Joleon might be the man for him to ask for advice on that).  

• Like 2

Yayyyy!!

birthday happy birthday celebrate party blower

OK Robby, grab a shovel and off to work you go, because there is alot of shit that needs to be cleaned out of the playing squad.

Then...we can be on the road to happiness.

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

On 01/06/2016 at 10:10, AJ said:

Yayyyy!!

birthday happy birthday celebrate party blower

OK Robby, grab a shovel and off to work you go, because there is alot of shit that needs to be cleaned out of the playing squad.

Then...we can be on the road to happiness.

Jesus H Christ on a bike, who is that woman??

On 26 May 2016 at 22:16, Woodytom said:

Genuinely buzzing for next season now. I have to hold my hands up and say, the departure of randy Lerner has made a big difference in my attitude. I was well aware of it being his time to go for a couple of years but I prolonged in minimising the blame I threw his way. I was wrong.

This is a new era and I can't wait. Going to attend the most matches I've ever attended so if you come across an extremely good looking bald bloke talking utter drivel, it's probably Woodytom. 

Just driving back from the gym and life of Riley was blaring out. I suddenly love football again. UTV

Can't remove the quote...

but fixtures for next season have apparently been leaked. There's a full document floating about. 

Villa fixtures look like this - 

image.jpg

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Can't remove the quote...

but fixtures for next season have apparently been leaked. There's a full document floating about. 

Villa fixtures look like this - 

image.jpg

Can't see many wins there....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I thought the opposite. Was looking at it fancying a win most weeks!

August looks decent. We should know how we will fare by those first few games. A mixture of challenges. 

Sorry, my stupid attempt at humour. I couldn't read the fixtures on my phone (hence, couldn't see any wins. I know, classic ;)).

Viewed them on a different device. Yeah if it's correct, interesting. Brings it home even more that we're in the Championship after looking at it and "Huddersfield Town" leaping out at me (no disrespect intended, Huddersfield).

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

Sky haven't picked there games yet so if the lists true be prepared for several to be moved from Saturday 3pm. 

Starting with the first game.

Edited by Kingman