Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

26 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Well you got Hollis saying the search for a new manager is beginning immediately then the press saying nothing is happening and its on hold

It's almost like they just make it up or something 

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think he failed at all at Ure.

He didn't help his own cause well, but I always thought the players quit on him pretty early on. The game at Olympiacos was a total disgrace, they basically lied down and took the rape.

I'd be more than happy with Moyes, especially with a decent transfer kitty. There's still no guarantees, there isn't with any manager but I'd be happy with the choice. 

A lot of people point to his recent appointments as failures he may well also have learnt a lot from them. As long as he's still driven and hungry, I'd take him all day long. 

24 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I'd be more than happy with Moyes, especially with a decent transfer kitty. There's still no guarantees, there isn't with any manager but I'd be happy with the choice. 

A lot of people point to his recent appointments as failures he may well also have learnt a lot from them. As long as he's still driven and hungry, I'd take him all day long. 

That is the issue I have been discussing with a mate. He might want an easier life of a two horse league and head to Scotland. 

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure there's a manager been born that can do the job that needs doing here. :)

I agree 110% that no current manager would be certain to be able to do the job that we need doing now. Graham Taylor did it for us in 87/88 and I feel sure Ron Saunders, Matt Busby, Brian Clough or Bill Shankly would have been able to have done it as well. All the football board need to do is to find someone who will be able to do it now under the financial constraints he is likely to face who is also willing to join us in our current situation. Simples...;)           

1 hour ago, John said:

For me Dennis has earned the right to comment on anything Villa related and for those comments to be both respected and listened to.

I for one would also be interested to hear his thoughts on the EU, on tackling global terrorism and on handling the financial crisis. ;)   

Would like to hear him on the war against drugs also.

• Like 1

I hope we are not waiting with a begging bowl for a manager to say 'yes' - Lets but honest if Moyes or Pearson have indicated they want to see what happens in the close season - ie consider other offers, the odds are those offers will be better than villa.

The longer we don't hear - the more convinced I am it is Steve Bruce - Eric Black a previous assistant of his already in place - and already making noises about how the championship won't be easy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Lambert is the obvious choice

Championship experience. He got Norwich promoted up through the divisions, and kept them up in the premier league.

Obvious choice.

16 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Championship experience. He got Norwich promoted up through the divisions, and kept them up in the premier league.

Obvious choice.

Knows the league. Knows the Premier League. Kept his last club up 2 seasons running too. Found Benteke, developed Delph. British.

Sounds perfect.

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Funnily enough, Lambert's experience and Pearson's experience are pretty similar. I'd argue Lambert's is better.

The thought of getting Pearson as manager after the last 6 years makes me want to weep! 

• Like 1