Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I read somewhere last week that Moyes was keen to come to Villa.  Someone who is close to him was saying that he felt it was important for him to get back into management quickly as he didnt want to become a forgotten manger, for example Nigel Atkinsons, Alan Curbbishly to name a couple on a long list.  He also isnt getting any younger waiting around for the perfect job.  

Im starting to thing Moyes coming isnt that big a stretch of the imagination.

It'll probably be Pearson but I hope not. A psychopathic bully, tells fans to "**** off and die" and assaults other players not to mention the father of a racist pervert. No thanks

Moyes won't come and I don't want a manager who thinks they are above the club and we should be grateful to have them.

Why would Dyche, Bruce, Howe et al come here when their respective clubs are going in the opposite direction?

Simon Grayson or Karl Robinson for me personally. 

No one with a too big name is going to want to come here so it's going to be another risk by going for someone still making their way and learning. 

I still don't see the importance of going back up first time either, to do what? Scrap to avoid relegation again?

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

Championship experience. He got Norwich promoted up through the divisions, and kept them up in the premier league.

Obvious choice.

Lambert failed in the end - no question

But it did look a reasonable appointment at the time. Unlike Sherwood , Garde - which looked destined fail on day 1. 

A bit like buying a used car, you do your research, check it out, check the service history, check for oil leaks, look at the wear and tear - do as much as you possibly can - it doesn't mean its 100% a good car - you've just done your best to make sure it is. I don't believe we did that with Sherwood and Garde.

Edited by hippo

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It'll probably be Pearson but I hope not. A psychopathic bully, tells fans to "**** off and die" and assaults other players not to mention the father of a racist pervert. No thanks

Moyes won't come and I don't want a manager who thinks they are above the club and we should be grateful to have them.

Why would Dyche, Bruce, Howe et al come here when their respective clubs are going in the opposite direction?

Simon Grayson or Karl Robinson for me personally. 

No one with a too big name is going to want to come here so it's going to be another risk by going for someone still making their way and learning. 

I still don't see the importance of going back up first time either, to do what? Scrap to avoid relegation again?

Karl Robinson, right so replace a manager who got us relegated with another manager who got his lower league team relegated.  Seems logical to me as a villa fan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Karl Robinson, right so replace a manager who got us relegated with another manager who got his lower league team relegated.  Seems logical to me as a villa fan.

Alright, fair comment but no need for the sarcastic cockiness is there? 

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

Lambert failed in the end - no question

But it did look a reasonable appointment at the time. Unlike Sherwood , Garde - which looked destined fail on day 1. 

A bit like buying a used car, you do your research, check it out, check the service history, check for oil leaks, look at the wear and tear - do as much as you possibly can - it doesn't mean its 100% a good car - you've just done your best to make sure it is. I don't believe we did that with Sherwood and Garde.

Sorry, my  tongue was firmly in my cheek with the Lambert suggestion.

From the BBC website....

David Moyes is interested in the Aston Villa manager's job but has not yet been contacted by the club.

Nearly six months after being sacked by Real Sociedad, Moyes is keen to get back into football and is attracted by the challenge of reviving Aston Villa. 

He has seen them live recently and would be receptive to talks. But he's aware doubts over next season's budget at the club could delay the process.

Nigel Pearson remains the bookies' favourite and there is also backing for Mick McCarthy,Sean Dyche and Steve Bruce - but Moyes was approached by Villa last autumn after Tim Sherwood was sacked.

Moyes was still at Real Sociedad when Villa's Head of Recruitment Paddy Riley flew over for talks. Moyes asked pointed questions about the quality of the 12 players Riley had helped bring in at a cost of £55m and the talks did not progress very far.

Villa's football board will concentrate this week on their short list of candidates after relegation was confirmed on Saturday. Moyes is certain to be on that list. 

Given the sentence that I've highlighted, albeit without quotes, he seems to have hit the nail on the head before he's walked in the door.

The newspaper reports of Moyes joining us accompanied with a large transfer funds are obviously completely made up. Moyes may or may not join us but you can virtually guarantee there'll be no 'huge transfer kitty'.

My money would be on Pearson. Unemployed. Question marks remain. Would split fan base. Pretty much perfect for Villa! 

For the record, Moyes would top my list. Pearson would be... interesting. Bruce would be a disaster.

From the BBC website....

David Moyes is interested in the Aston Villa manager's job but has not yet been contacted by the club.

Nearly six months after being sacked by Real Sociedad, Moyes is keen to get back into football and is attracted by the challenge of reviving Aston Villa. 

He has seen them live recently and would be receptive to talks. But he's aware doubts over next season's budget at the club could delay the process.

Nigel Pearson remains the bookies' favourite and there is also backing for Mick McCarthy,Sean Dyche and Steve Bruce - but Moyes was approached by Villa last autumn after Tim Sherwood was sacked.

Moyes was still at Real Sociedad when Villa's Head of Recruitment Paddy Riley flew over for talks. Moyes asked pointed questions about the quality of the 12 players Riley had helped bring in at a cost of £55m and the talks did not progress very far.

Villa's football board will concentrate this week on their short list of candidates after relegation was confirmed on Saturday. Moyes is certain to be on that list. 

Given the sentence that I've highlighted, albeit without quotes, he seems to have hit the nail on the head before he's walked in the door.

It's the fact that Paddy Riley flew over for talks that caught my attention. Chimed with a story I saw in the Sunday papers that an agent walked out of a meeting arranged to discuss his client's contract when he found it was with Riley and the club secretary.

Has Paddy Riley in fact been in charge of the club over the past season or two?