bringbackbigron

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm sure he has the clubs interest at heart and believes he can make a difference. But realistically what can he do? 

Our finances are a mess. The majority of the squad are words removed who aren't good enough, we have a manager who may not be able to cut it in this country and we still have an owner who wants no part of us. So what impact can an advisor really have? 

I'm hoping that, hypothetically, when the board have a decision to make, like appointing a former blues manager as our boss, for example, he will be strong enough to advise that this maybe a bad move.

I think he will....because he walks on water

Thank you all for resisting the urge to say 'Too little too late'.

Too Little too late.

Seriously, can't believe no one wrote this yet, what's wrong with everyone today?

... There's always one.

• Like 1

Ready made interim replacement when Remi leaves as well.

I'm delighted that he's back, as someone else mentioned he was the manager when I first started supporting us and he reminds me of happier times.

Just hope VT doesn't tear him apart now.

This smacks of appeasement to me if I'm honest. One of the biggest criticisms fans have had of the Lerner/the hierarchy is a lack of football/Villa men. This just comes across as a token gesture, particularly if he's going to be an advisor to the board rather than actually sitting on it? I could be wrong on the details. It's just hard not be sceptical about news coming out of the club, even when that news seems like it could be positive :(

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Can someone who saw him play explain the walk on water stuff? Surely we only have deighty (Mr McGrath)

He was amazing.....at a time when we were blessed with great international players hence his one cap.

He was also a partially eclipsed by Trevor Francis who came through the ranks at the same time.....and Trevor was a great player.

Brian was a phenomenally gifted player who with Andy gray and John Deehan caused havoc.....He also had a good partnership with Keith Leonard beforehand.

a better manager than given credit for.....a great guy is Brian.

Will he be of benefit to us?....yes I think so.He knows the game and loves Villa, hurts when Villa lose, we want them.

There are no guarantee's in football.

The question is not will he be good for us, because we don't know anyone will.....its more is he right for us......yes he is.

Welcome back Bri.....with you around, I have hope the poor decisions will evaporate.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Ready made interim replacement when Remi leaves as well.

Have you seen what he's been up to for the past two decades? I respect him for what he did in the (distant) past, but he has no place even being a caretaker manager for Villa.

Â