bringbackbigron

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Check out the badge

Check out the badge behind Little. Please change the badge to this one Villa - you useless rocket polishers. :) 

We can't - it's something to do with copyright and a Mr Ellis deciding not to spend a very small amount of money (£50-75) on copyrighting that badge because he thought no one would ever be interested in wearing anything with a football teams badge on. It's now been in the public domain so long that we can't register it. Something like that anyway. I can't remember the detail.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not an advisor, but a member of the board according to the BBC and others.  Not a PR move, we are beyond quick fix PR moves at this point. Beginning of the recovery IMHO - obviously you are free to be as cynical as you wish also.

Beginning of the recovery? Yeah right. Houllier was meant to be that, then Lambert and then Garde. When's it coming?

And the official website says advisor to the board. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Beginning of the recovery? Yeah right. Houllier was meant to be that, then Lambert and then Garde. When's it coming?

And the official website says advisor to the board. 

Ok you win, I've changed my mind, a Villa legend is now advising (and also a member of) the board - it's terrible news. Sad times.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok you win, I've changed my mind, a Villa legend is now advising (and also a member of) the board - it's terrible news. Sad times.

It's not terrible news. Nothing bad will come of it. But it is nothing PR news meant to appease fans and unfortunately it's working. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It's not terrible news. Nothing bad will come of it. But it is nothing PR news meant to appease fans and unfortunately it's working. 

I just don't think Little would've taken this role if he was just a 'face', so good news I think.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Ok you win again, it's not terrible news. Just a PR stunt, to change the minds of a few simple fans, net result being nothing more than that. It's all just grey gooey nano-mass, and the moment this dreary life comes to an abrupt end the better I say. Unless you disagree in which case you win again and I alter my opinion to mirror yours once more. 

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I just don't think Little would've taken this role if he was just a 'face', so good news I think.

I'm sure he has the clubs interest at heart and believes he can make a difference. But realistically what can he do? 

Our finances are a mess. The majority of the squad are words removed who aren't good enough, we have a manager who may not be able to cut it in this country and we still have an owner who wants no part of us. So what impact can an advisor really have? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok you win again, it's not terrible news. Just a PR stunt, to change the minds of a few simple fans, net result being nothing more than that. It's all just grey gooey nano-mass, and the moment this dreary life comes to an abrupt end the better I say. Unless you disagree in which case you win again and I alter my opinion to mirror yours once more. 

It's OK get your bright future scarf out and celebrate.

How will an advisor to the board stop the actual people making the decisions?

Look at your reaction, you've used the term brilliant news, while we sit bottom of the table and relegated. It's a PR move. 

Jonah, do you realise that if Lerner suddenly sold the club, we'd still be bottom of the league too?

You can't turn this mess around at once. Some fans need to start to be realistic and realise that this IS a good move for Villa. A small step in the right direction, which is all we can really hope for whilst the transfer window is shut and whilst the club isn't sold.

• Like 4

Just now, Rob182 said:

Jonah, do you realise that if Lerner suddenly sold the club, we'd still be bottom of the league too?

You can't turn this mess around at once. Some fans need to start to be realistic and realise that this IS a good move for Villa. A small step in the right direction, which is all we can really hope for whilst the transfer window is shut and whilst the club isn't sold.

I'll repeat my point. The same was said about Houllier, the same was said about Lambert and Garde. The same was said about Tom Fox. 

So forgive me for not buying into the idea that this IS a good move for villa. Because all the previous good moves have just ended up with things getting worse. 

When things actually change then I'll credit the moves that caused it.

Must just be a coincidence that the day after the accounts are released, showing the clubs in a state and Fox is earning massive money, that we then appoint a popular member of the villa family in a role as powerful as an advisor. 

Just a coincidence. 

Edited by DCJonah

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Must just be a coincidence that the day after the accounts are released, showing the clubs in a state and Fox is earning massive money, that we then appoint a popular member of the villa family in a role as powerful as an advisor. 

Just a coincidence. 

You think Little has been appointed because they are worried we wont like knowing Fox earns a lot of money ? That they knew that 'news' (hardly a shock) was coming out and thought  "lets ring Brian Little, that'll do it ?"..............I'm afraid if that's your real view there's no debate for me !

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

You think Little has been appointed because they are worried we wont like knowing Fox earns a lot of money ? That they knew that 'news' (hardly a shock) was coming out and thought  "lets ring Brian Little, that'll do it ?"..............I'm afraid if that's your real view there's no debate for me !

I think having news in the media that fans like, quickly gets rid of the news in the media that fans dislike. I don't think it's a major conspiracy to think the club released this news when they did to move on quickly from the awful accounts. 

Edited by DCJonah

16 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I concur

Â