Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

On March 24, 2016 at 07:20, PussEKatt said:

The trouble with the players is that they have got used to losing.They think its the thing to do now.

Which is why I think we should sell the entire first team. What a monumental let down.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I cringed reading this, this is exactly why were where we are. The culture is wrong it does effect performance and it's not acceptable. 

so if you arent performing at work and are given a week off do you not go out and relax or do you go in and do unpaid overtime to rectify it?

42 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I would, I know I would. Believe me when I say, I take great care in the way I portray myself given my job. I'm probably too over-cautious in life.

I appreciate that going to dubai is like popping to the local quiz, but if I was them, I guarantee I would be concious of how it would look to the many that I have let down massively.

I also guarantee that I wouldn't have let ppl down in the way gabby has but that's a different story.

Well done, you.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone minds them going out enjoying themselves.....but there is degrees of taking the p***

so at a whim they can fly off to Dubai book a top table in the presence of the likes of Janet Jackson and her entourage.

......"and what did you do to warrant that kind of free flowing money"

......11 goals in 3 years.

you just couldn't write the script.

ps   ..but hey ! I blame them that put him on that contract.

pps The damage was done when the contract was offered.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well done, you.

I'm not asking for sarcastic congratulations. I'm just suggesting that it's not beyond human nature to recognise and be humble about the position you are in, and the effect it may have on others, particularly those who you may be a role model to or not.

And if that is too much for you.... If staying in on nye is too much for Rio ferdinand for example (to the extent that he feels the need to tell the whole world in some kind of plea to feel for him), then DON'T become a professional footballer and certainly DON'T sign a contract, telling us your worth a 6 figure a week sum. 

Seriously, these people want to be viewed as normal ppl who go about their lives like everybody else, then they need to show a little humility. Imo.

• Like 1

I found it very embarrassing..

Janet Jackson!?!?! Wtf... It'd be less embarrassing at a one direction gig.

as previously said, they earn astronomical amounts of cash each week and a weekend in Dubai is mere pennies to them.

the timing isn't great but with our club in a mess and management in question it doesn't surprise me they've been given time away in order to sort out garde's employment.

they clearly don't care though, that much is obvious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I found it very embarrassing..

Janet Jackson!?!?! Wtf... It'd be less embarrassing at a one direction gig.

as previously said, they earn astronomical amounts of cash each week and a weekend in Dubai is mere pennies to them.

the timing isn't great but with our club in a mess and management in question it doesn't surprise me they've been given time away in order to sort out garde's employment.

they clearly don't care though, that much is obvious.

Me too, but Gabby is probably banned from any 1D events.

Can't risk having him rush the scene and tackle one of the boys.

Also he'd probably be mauled by a hoard of angry 1D fan girls for his tackle on Tomlinson. Gabby would probably enjoy that thou...

• Like 1

I was told by someone at the club that some of the stories of what has gone on would "make your hair stand on end".

I heard a saddening allegation from someone else about one of our first team players recently...

The club had pulled in an external physio to assess his injury.

Player arrives with a bag full of money and attempts to bribe physio to say that he is still injured.

If this were true, it shows you just what kind of culture and attitude exists at the club.

I was told by someone at the club that some of the stories of what has gone on would "make your hair stand on end".

I heard a saddening allegation from someone else about one of our first team players recently...

Player arrives with a bag full of money and attempts to bribe physio to say that he is still injured.

If this were true, it shows you just what kind of culture and attitude exists at the club.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out who that is

6 minutes ago, mwj said:

Doesn't take a genius to figure out who that is

I know people always say you can't sack footballers without a pay off. 

But if that were true, I think it would be one of the circumstances where you totally could. 

I know people always say you can't sack footballers without a pay off. 

But if that were true, I think it would be one of the circumstances where you totally could. 

Depends if you can convince said physio to stand up in a courtroom at an employment tribunal

The problem is, even if we 'sack' a player - said player would just walk into another club on a free, with a massive signing on bonus.

Sacking footballers is completely different to sacking an everyday employee - whilst getting sacked for you or me, would result in a massive black mark on our CV's and seriously hinder our chances of future employment, someone will always 'take a punt' on a 'disgraced' footballer and they'd always find another club.

I don't know the answer for dealing with unprofessionalism within the club - their contracts state they merely have to turn up to training and be available for selection (which N'Zogbia has exploited for nearly 5yrs). If change is going to happen, then their contracts have to be 'tougher' but the problem then would be convincing players to sign them.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

Hasn't he heard of online banking?

• Like 2

I don't care about the players going out, partying, etc, if they are giving 100% on the pitch. They clearly aren't though.You'll see more desire in a non league game than you will in our team. Is it too much to expect someone earning £50k per week to chase every ball like someone who earns £500 per week?

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't care about the players going out, partying, etc, if they are giving 100% on the pitch. They clearly aren't though.You'll more desire in a non league game than you will in our team. Is it too much to expect someone earning £50k per week to chase every ball like someone who earns £500 per week?

But there's the issue right there Xela - what motivation does a player who's earning £50k a week need to improve? He's made it for life (and his agent and entourage will let them know that and ride the gravy train) and does not need to work again - even if an injury causes them to retire.

What are those players playing for? They earn so much (regardless of performance or ability) that it doesn't matter if things aren't going well, they're still going to get paid.

A non/lower-league player should always looking to get that dream move and therefore will be busting a gut to achieve it.

The vast majority of Premier League footballers must be completely satisfied coining it in without wanting to move up a level.

There are decent professionals out there for sure, but I reckon most of them are laughing their cocks off about how much they earn for so little output.

1 hour ago, Didiersix said:

I think you are right in as much as we have no idea of the depths of these things.....its frightening

45 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The problem is, even if we 'sack' a player - said player would just walk into another club on a free, with a massive signing on bonus.

Sacking footballers is completely different to sacking an everyday employee - whilst getting sacked for you or me, would result in a massive black mark on our CV's and seriously hinder our chances of future employment, someone will always 'take a punt' on a 'disgraced' footballer and they'd always find another club.

I don't know the answer for dealing with unprofessionalism within the club - their contracts state they merely have to turn up to training and be available for selection (which N'Zogbia has exploited for nearly 5yrs). If change is going to happen, then their contracts have to be 'tougher' but the problem then would be convincing players to sign them.

There is no answer and the sargeant major type manager maybe a thing of the past.

but its still our best hope imo

If he was scoring 20 goals a season.....one in nearly every game.....you wouldn't hear a peep.

the real issue is he/they don't deserve to be mixing in those circles.

If it was Harry Kane or Jamie vardy I wouldn't mind......but paradoxically they would probably prefer to go training.....thats why they are where they are......and they are where they are.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

The thing I fail to understand the most is:

These players should be showing how good they are,I mean most of them will have to find new clubs for next season yet they are showing everybody they are shit.Dont they want other clubs to be interested ?!

Â