Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

I just hope Eric Black has enough balls to start changing the team

Bunn (or even one of the U21 keeper)

Richards - Okore - Clark - Cissokho (unless we have another leftback spare whose name isn't Richardson?)

Lyden - Gana

Grealish - Vertout - Green 

Ayew - Gestede

Subs: Traore, Gil, Sanchez, Lescott, Guzan, Sellars, Sinclair.

52 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I just hope Eric Black has enough balls to start changing the team

Bunn (or even one of the U21 keeper)

Richards - Okore - Clark - Cissokho (unless we have another leftback spare whose name isn't Richardson?)

Lyden - Gana

Grealish - Vertout - Green 

Ayew - Gestede

Subs: Traore, Gil, Sanchez, Lescott, Guzan, Sellars, Sinclair.

There are twelve there.

And you seem to have accidentally picked Richards.

Time to bin the senior pro's and the woeful 4231 and look to the future, the futures 442. No suprise our best performances this year were when Guzan, Richards, Hutton and Gabby were dropped.

Having watched Cheltenham win 3-1 the other day they showed more in 90 mins in terms of effort and teamwork than our shower have in the entire season. Okay some of them probably don't have a huge amount of talent but they work as a team and have a very good manager in charge at that level. 2 things in which Villa have lacked for years. I would also suggest a cheeky bid for  Dan Holman wouldn't be a bad idea next season!

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Having watched Cheltenham win 3-1 the other day they showed more in 90 mins in terms of effort and teamwork than our shower have in the entire season. Okay some of them probably don't have a huge amount of talent but they work as a team and have a very good manager in charge at that level. 2 things in which Villa have lacked for years. I would also suggest a cheeky bid for  Dan Holman wouldn't be a bad idea next season!

I have never seen him play but don't think I could handle another Holman.

no matter how much we harp on, on these forums, or on other outlets, in which some numpty at the club could see, the first team coaches seem to be still too scared to throw in more youth and drop the senior players, the club has nothing else to lose.

the attitudes of the first team really does stink, clearly we all know this, obviously somebody at the club is telling the players (i hate calling them that) to go to the media and tell us supporters that theyre sorry, and how theyre going to keep trying, and how theyre sticking together, and how theyre working extra hard in training, blah blah blah, when their actions actually tell the true story, that they dont care, and as soon as the transfer window opens, they will be insisting on being put on the transfer list.

well it will be of no surprise, i bet most of them will be welcomed to leave.

another problem, that it appears that the attitudes of the senior players (do i really have to call them that?) is rubbing off on some of the youth players, which really is a shame.

I have mixed views on booing the players yesterday. Personally, it made me feel slightly better booing as they truly deserve it this season. But then it leads to a horrible, toxic atmosphere in the ground. The second half yesterday was as bad as I can remember it. I didn't have my son with me yesterday, but I can imagine the ones that did having to answer some tough questions from their kids.

It's just an awful situation and the only way to improve it is to clear out as many players as possible. Starting with the two club captains first

It matters how you go down.  What a total and utter unprofessional shambles this lot are,  but mind you so is the club.  Terrible terrible attitude and there is a sickening illness running through our club that I am not sure one relegation will cure.

32 minutes ago, Richard said:

It matters how you go down.  What a total and utter unprofessional shambles this lot are,  but mind you so is the club.  Terrible terrible attitude

Totally agree

32 minutes ago, Richard said:

..there is a sickening illness running through our club that I am not sure one relegation will cure.

Relegation doesn't cure anything, no matter how many times it happens. The "shock" of it, and the belt tightening and all the rest can be a catalyst for changes to be made, but the important thing is to make the changes necessary, not which league you play in.

27 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

Anyone heard that the club are looking to sack Gabby, over some minor breach of contract thing? I suppose it's worth trying, even if just for a laugh, but I can't see it. The PFA will go apeshit,

It might bring some of the others into line.

Or perhaps not.

`Pundit' David Pleat thinks we should leave the `foreign mercenaries' out of the team and play the kids in their place. Does this clown even watch any of our matches?

He is half right, though, we should bring in some of the kids, but to replace the seasoned British mercenaries, not the foreign imports, who have been our best players.

• Like 2

Â