Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Veretout so far has been a major disappointment and Ayew has become a waste of space in last month or so with a stinking attitude

Veretout has been very poor, worth not even half of the fee we paid, Ayew hasn't scored enough and hasn't been consistent enough. Gana has been very good defensively but poor on the ball, £9m player? I don't think so, we over spent. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Adama has been nothing but a profound waste of money. I'm an advocate of his talents but that money should have been used better. But if he sticks around and destroys the Championship next season my view will change. 

Amavi was the only one who caught my eye but even then his form dipped quite dramatically prior to injury. 

The whole team dropped significantly just before Amavi's injury. Ayew is really frustrating, on many occasion he was in good positions and didn't get his head up and pass to players in better positions. He just hit weak shots.

What Leicester have done is work together, what a lot of our players have done is become selfish. I think Ayew is trying to play well to engineer a move away by showing he is the only good player. Hardly working though.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The french/french league signings are the only guys I'm interested in keeping.

And Adama.

I'm with you on that but if the wages bandied about re Adama are true, I'd have major reservations.

Just now, choffer said:

I'm with you on that but if the wages bandied about re Adama are true, I'd have major reservations.

I wouldn't.

I'd understand if we got rid of him for that reason, but if he plays for a year in the championship then I'm confident we'd be selling him next summer (or beyond) for much more than we'd spend on wages on him next season.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe but they've performed better than the English contingent who seem to be trying to pass the blame to them.

They're also not the ones poisoning the dress room, resisting a managers training methods because they're too intense (lazy ****) and making general idiots of themselves on social media.

That's no achievement. They are were poor signings, money that should have been used better. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't.

I'd understand if we got rid of him for that reason, but if he plays for a year in the championship then I'm confident we'd be selling him next summer (or beyond) for much more than we'd spend on wages on him next season.

Fair point but I don't see our board sanctioning those sort of wages unless success is guaranteed. The average Championship player earns about £320k a year. I can't see us paying someone £50-80k* per week and I don't think it would be wise to. 

*I have no source for those figures other than speculation on VT.

I can't see it either.

But I just hope somebody at Villa realises Adama's potential and does the maths.

60k a week is £3.1 million a year plus change. 

How much would we get for selling Adama now? I'd say at absolute MOST, the 9m (was it 9?) we paid for him (and even that's a stretch).

If he plays a year in the championship to the ability that a lot of us hope/know he would, there's absolutely no reason he won't be worth £12m+ and easily make up the £3m we'd have paid him.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I admire that even after the last few years, you are still optimistic enough to think that there's a conceivable alternative to the usual cutting off our nose to spite our face that seems to be the MO at the club. :)

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

I admire that even after the last few years, you are still optimistic enough to think that there's a conceivable alternative to the usual cutting off our nose to spite our face that seems to be the MO at the club. :)

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't see it either.

;)

• Like 1

I wouldn't.

As we signed most of the new players on 4-5 year deals, I really hope we don't buckle in the summer and sell them all for low fees just to make some money back. If we don't get decent offers, we should tell the players they've got contracts and they're staying.

I would personally hope that we aim to get back at least what we paid for the players that want to leave.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Garde gone, Adama and Grealish fit and available for Saturday

:detect:

Wouldn't be a total surprise. I think Garde showed he had no faith in Adama, and while Grealish let himself down with his actions, it doesn't seem like Garde was planning to use him much, regardless of what he told the media. 

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Wouldn't be a total surprise. I think Garde showed he had no faith in Adama, and while Grealish let himself down with his actions, it doesn't seem like Garde was planning to use him much, regardless of what he told the media. 

Grealish yes. Adama is a coincidence I think. He had a broken foot and this recovery time seems about right. 

He posted on facebook a week or two ago that he was close to coming back.

Â