Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

we have about 6 that barely try (Gabby is poster child).  About 6 that try but have no focus and concentration and end up in the wrong place far too often (Hutton).  about 6 that just don't have enough skill to play this level (Westwood). about 6 that I would prefer to keep, but are honestly inconsistent (Ayew) 

• Like 4

Never hated ANY group of players as much as I hate this lot . That is something I could never imagine saying after supporting Villa for 40 years . I was really pleased today the way these tossers got so much stick from the crowd . Public humiliation is the least they deserve

• Like 1

Get rid of them all and try to keep Amavi and Ayew

Probably Gana as well but he will be gone

Were in for a busy summer

I'm not convinced by ayew... Thought there was a 10 minute spell today where he lost his head and was going to get himself sent off

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not convinced by ayew... Thought there was a 10 minute spell today where he lost his head and was going to get himself sent off

True, he is a bit fiery and that can boil over a la West Ham. But at least he looks like he wants to score goals, he doesn't often but he seems like he wants to. How many of the other players can we say that about?

The new manager will have to be pragmatic and I think we need to be realistic about the summer. 

As bad as its been and as much as we all hate almost everybody associated with the first team at the moment, I don't think there will be the complete wholesale clearout some want. 

We have no assets of any real value, nobody that's going to go for a decent fee. We need to hope we can off load the prime suspects and that Hollis can magic up £10-15m from somewhere. We wont have the funds for many players and there has to be an emphasis on quality over quantity. 

Despite everything, there are some decent players here, who with the right additions alongside them and the right manager guiding them, could form a good side next year. 

I said it in January and it's even more applicable now. Play the young lads that are coming through they need a bit of experience and we might find a few good enough for next season. There is nothing to lose and the young lads have nothing to lose. A few might have a good game if they get beaten by a few goals well what difference would that make to what is happening week in and week out with the first team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bringbackbigron said:

I said it in January and it's even more applicable now. Play the young lads that are coming through they need a bit of experience and we might find a few good enough for next season. There is nothing to lose and the young lads have nothing to lose. A few might have a good game if they get beaten by a few goals well what difference would that make to what is happening week in and week out with the first team. 

Pretty much agree about playing the kids, but I'd suggest that the players who have put us in this position play next week (or the week after if it pans out that way); confirm relegation; get the inevitable and deserved jeers from the Villa faithful and then mostly not picked again this season, or possibly ever again in some cases.

Although it would never be considered as such when dishing out the blame, I think it would be unfair for a bunch of 17-19 year olds to play in the game that confirms our relegation. Can't imagine it would be a good experience for them.

Once relegation is confirmed, yep, give the youngsters a chance, tell them that there's no pressure, play with pride, learn from the experience and enjoy themselves. 

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

Never seen BT before, what the **** is that TV bollocks all about? That's horrible

Plus their analysis, I want them to name names or I can't agree with them, hoddle says we have some bad eggs that need to go, I'm almost certain I agree but I want him to say who he means, James says we have some good players that just need coaching, again I think I agree but if he means Lescott and Richards by that then he's talking bollocks
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Hutton is a bit hard done by in being included in this thread. There are some reasons why you might want to get rid of Hutton, he's not the best player in the squad, but in terms of his attitude, he's about the only player in this side who's shown a real determination to give his best. I'd keep him and I might even consider him for the armband next season.

It's amazing how people get duped by players "showing some passion" by getting themselves sent off. He was responsible for two of their goals....is incredibly slow and his crossing his beyond appalling. He's just as useless as the others.

I don't want this clown anywhere near our club let alone being captain. And the fans clapping him getting sent off was embarrassing too.

• Like 1

Which 2 goals?

First was shit in midfield letting mikel put his dancing shoes on (mikel FFS) cissokho being narrow then Lescott going for a stroll in no mans land

Second was Sanchez not closing down and cissokho being the wrong side

Third maybe he lost his man but **** me it was a good goal that most defences in the league would have conceded

Fourth was Guzan

• Like 1

Third - He just stood there while the ball was past around him. 

Fourth - Have way to much space for the player to get shot at Guzan

The guys shit at football, a complete clown. But yeah he's so great for getting sent off. Let's make him captain LOL, still laughing.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Never seen BT before, what the **** is that TV bollocks all about? That's horrible

Plus their analysis, I want them to name names or I can't agree with them, hoddle says we have some bad eggs that need to go, I'm almost certain I agree but I want him to say who he means, James says we have some good players that just need coaching, again I think I agree but if he means Lescott and Richards by that then he's talking bollocks

The person who uploaded the video put it in that format so it doesn't get picked up for copyright.

5 hours ago, supernova26 said:

It's amazing how people get duped by players "showing some passion" by getting themselves sent off. He was responsible for two of their goals....is incredibly slow and his crossing his beyond appalling. He's just as useless as the others.

I don't want this clown anywhere near our club let alone being captain. And the fans clapping him getting sent off was embarrassing too.

which 2? I remember Guzan, Lescott and Cissokho at fault for 3 so, Hutton to blame for 2 of them?

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

he is a whiny, sulky man. today he played well but has been a disgrace for last month and a half

Id play the kids now. What is the point of playing these arseholes who in the main won't be here next season and don't actually want to be here now?

We should of started playing the kids weeks ago mate. These bunch get picked every single game and dont perform or even look like they are botherd

• Like 2

Â