Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

Former Queens Park Rangers and Manchester City forward Rodney Marsh has taken to social networking site Twitter to give his strong opinion on the Aston Villa players.

Marsh believes that some of the players in the current Villa squad are a disgrace to professional football.

"Some of these Villa players are a disgrace to professional football  I've watched Aston Villa closely last couple months. From Randy Lerner down I can see only one person who hasn't given up... "

Marsh made his scathing remark about the Villa players during the Premier League game between the Villans and Chelsea at the weekend.

Villa suffered yet another defeat, going down 4-0 to the London outfit at Villa Park on Saturday afternoon.

The performance was dire, with the players looking as if they have given up already.

Villa are rooted to the Premier League table at the moment and look set to get relegated to the Championship at the end of the season. 

It will be interesting to see what the Villans do in the summer transfer window in regard to signing players and appointing a new manager.

Villa will need to sign players who have proved themselves in the Championship and must appoint a manager who knows the division inside out.

Thumbs up Rodney

They are a absolute disgrace to sport

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Relegation doesn't cure anything, no matter how many times it happens. The "shock" of it, and the belt tightening and all the rest can be a catalyst for changes to be made, but the important thing is to make the changes necessary, not which league you play in.

Not sure your point,  I was making the same point surely that relegation will not cure it? I agree it can be a catalyst but I am not convinced that this relegation will be a catalyst for the tyoe of change this club needs

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Not sure your point,  I was making the same point surely that relegation will not cure it? I agree it can be a catalyst but I am not convinced that this relegation will be a catalyst for the tyoe of change this club needs

You'd typed that you weren't sure one relegation would cure it - I took that to mean you felt two relegation might be needed to cure it. If not, then yeah, we agree.

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

`Pundit' David Pleat thinks we should leave the `foreign mercenaries' out of the team and play the kids in their place. Does this clown even watch any of our matches?

He is half right, though, we should bring in some of the kids, but to replace the seasoned British mercenaries, not the foreign imports, who have been our best players.

David Pleat is an idiot. 

• Like 3

he's a relic, someone who might have meant something a while ago but football moved on and he hasnt moved on with it, people shouldnt even be asking him his opinion let alone listening to it

the problem is that english football is littered with people like him and people do still listen to him, punditry in this country has been lowest denominator stuff for a long time, i wouldnt expect pleat to be able to give a proper tactical analysis of us if he tried but i can tell you now he'll give one to anyone that asked and the target audience of the likes of 5live dont care enough to wonder if hes talking bollocks or not

• Like 2

Anyone heard that the club are looking to sack Gabby, over some minor breach of contract thing? I suppose it's worth trying, even if just for a laugh, but I can't see it. The PFA will go apeshit,

I haven't heard that, but it was obviously the club's angle was after he was suspended and Micah got off scot free after being in the same photo.

Here's hoping

6 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

Anyone heard that the club are looking to sack Gabby, over some minor breach of contract thing? I suppose it's worth trying, even if just for a laugh, but I can't see it. The PFA will go apeshit,

Gabby seems the type of guys that doesnt even know he is a union

6 hours ago, Richard said:

who is the one person marsh thinks has not given up? because i dont agree with him,  they all have

from watching our games its obviously Micah Richards. captain fantastic

• Like 1

I remember a movie from the mid 90s, called Mars Attacks! It was a bad to average movie, but there is a scene from it which comes to mind so often lately. In this particular scene, the martians are running around killing everyone they can see, while in the background, the interpreting device is sprouting crap like " We come in peace. We mean you no harm. We are your friends." Now, whenever I hear from a Villa player that they are doing their best, that they are hurting too, or they still believe they can make safety, like a dog hearing Pavlov's bell, my mind goes to this particular  movie scene. Either for me this is an easily drawn similarity, or Villa have driven me nuts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I remember a movie from the mid 90s, called Mars Attacks! It was a bad to average movie, but there is a scene from it which comes to mind so often lately. In this particular scene, the martians are running around killing everyone they can see, while in the background, the interpreting device is sprouting crap like " We come in peace. We mean you no harm. We are your friends." Now, whenever I hear from a Villa player that they are doing their best, that they are hurting too, or they still believe they can make safety, like a dog hearing Pavlov's bell, my mind goes to this particular  movie scene. Either for me this is an easily drawn similarity, or Villa have driven me nuts.

Whaaaa??? Mars Attacks! was a great movie, one of my favourites of all time.

Take your point about the difference between what is being said and what we actually see happening on the pitch, though.

However, your post put a different image in my mind - it's the last home game of the season, the players are starting on their "lap of appreciation" and the martians suddenly descend and vaporise the entire squad. Nice...:)

189955.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AJ said:

I love that movie.

On 4/4/2016 at 15:50, Richard said:

who is the one person marsh thinks has not given up? because i dont agree with him,  they all have

Its clearly doris the beloved tea lady.The club has gone to shit but the tea is always excellent!

7 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Its clearly doris the beloved tea lady.The club has gone to shit but the tea is always excellent!

Nah, she is a word removed too. Started putting the tea bag in first, one stir and that's it. She's got complacent and has been taking liberties for a long time. I am surprised nobody has cottoned on yet. The word removed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nah, she is a word removed too. Started putting the tea bag in first, one stir and that's it. She's got complacent and has been taking liberties for a long time. I am surprised nobody has cottoned on yet. The word removed.

She's currently under investigation for having a crafty silk cut while on holiday in Skegness

Â