Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I'd imagine there's a core group of players in the dressing room that are utterly poisonous (and I think we know who most of these are) who should be sold/sacked/isolated as a matter of urgency whereas there are a fair few who could probably play a part yeah.

For me, the absolute must go's are:

Guzan

Hutton

Lescott

Richards

Richardson

Sinclair

Agbonlahor

Agree with this. And add Bacuna. And actually I do not think we would miss them.

• Like 1

@Mantis ,  yes I can agree with that list as a combination of lack of professionalism and lack of quality. However, to me Sanchez needs to be added, he is completely shit.  Bacuna needs to go as well, he has stated publicly he doesn't want to be here. That's 9 alone....

Edited by Hughes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hughes said:

@Mantis ,  yes I can agree with that list as a combination of lack of professionalism and lack of quality. However, to me Sanchez needs to be added, he is completely shut.  Bacuna needs to go as well, he has stated publicly he doesn't want to be here. That's 9 alone....

We will have to bring in some replacements, not 9 though hopefully.

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

The list is far too smal .  It would be easier to say who I'd like to stay 

Agreed that would be easier. But, coming back to my earlier point, shipping out all or most of the players will require a completely rebuild and I think that would mean we need more than one season to get back up. We had an extreme make over this season, we have had 5 (to be 6) managers in 5 years. No effing stability nowhere except for Lerner.  Changing 20 players now again with a new manager I  fear will be too much.  

Edited by Hughes
Typo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

The list is far too smal .  It would be easier to say who I'd like to stay 

I agree with you that there are very few who I'd actively like to stay but I think there are different categories. There's a difference between poisonous players like Agbonlahor and Lescott and just poor players like say Gestede and Cissokho.

• Like 2

Who's in charge of the music that the players run out to? 

Because for the rest of the season it should be Madness's "You're an Embarrassment".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We absolutely would not miss them no. Players like Okore, Veretout, Gil, Ayew and Amavi could play a very positive part next season. Those are the only ones I'm really worried about losing.

Yeah if you add Adama and Grealish with that lot, they would most likely be the seven I would keep if necessary (as mentioned before, we can't get rid of everyone in one summer sadly). I think Gana will go anyway.

First out the door for me is Gabby, Richards and Lescott. They're the priority exits.

Then next lot out is probably the likes of Guzan, Bacuna and Sinclair. Richardson & Zoggy should hopefully be gone too.

They're mostly our big earners I think, so that's a bonus.

The likes of Westwood, Gestede, Hutton, Cissokho etc I'm not overly fussed if they stay, but can see them perhaps being of some use in a Championship squad. They're not great, but their attitudes and overall influence aren't as damaging as the priority exits, I suspect.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Agreed that would be easier. But, coming back to my earlier point, shipping out all or most of the players will require a completely rebuild and I think that would mean we need more than one season to get back up. We had an extreme make over this season, we have had 5 (to be 6) managers in 5 years. No effing stability nowhere except for Lerner.  Changing 20 players now again with a new manager I  fear will be too much.  

If we do not ship out some at least of the players mentioned, I think we will be done there for more than one season anyway.

Actually pleased that this dismal performances and attitudes are continuing (as bizarre as that sounds). This way all the new guys on the board are getting a real picture in their short time here of what is has been like all season. So these players are putting the nails in their own coffins which I am pleased about. No second chances. 

I'm confident that the new guys on the board are not going to accept any sh*t as the last month of ins and outs have shown. The only reason the players are still here is because we are not in the window. Their time will come. 

I just hope that the board and coaching staff come to an agreement about playing our youth players and players that will be here next season for the remaining fixtures. Lets play the players who want to be here and will be here and most importantly will play with pride and passion. 

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If we do not ship out some at least of the players mentioned, I think we will be done there for more than one season anyway.

Oh absolutely.  No doubt.  I was just saying that selling or kicking out all or most would perhaps be a bit too much. Some of the current bunch surely need to hack it in the Championship,  both in terms and attitude and quality. 

The players should be sacked with no pay off. If i performed like that in my job i would be sacked. Why should these "footballers" be given a free ride effectively stealing a living! They are the worst bunch of players to wear the shirt! Im sure some of the under 21's would at least put some pride into the performance!

This bunch won't win another game and i doubt they will score. Pathetic losers!

• Like 1

I think Hutton is a bit hard done by in being included in this thread. There are some reasons why you might want to get rid of Hutton, he's not the best player in the squad, but in terms of his attitude, he's about the only player in this side who's shown a real determination to give his best. I'd keep him and I might even consider him for the armband next season.

Good attitude or not, he's been associated with the worst Villa defence in years -- for several seasons. With that in mind, I personally would not keep him.

I'd go out there and give my best.

Hutton tries, but he's shit, and he's lucky he hasn't seriously injured several players this season alone. His tackling is disgraceful.

• Like 1

His attitude, though, is one of determination that is so clearly lacking from so many others. His *attitude* is, so it seems, positive, and I would therefore retain him, unlike Agbonlasnore, Bacuna, Lescott, N'Zogbia (remember him?!), etc...

Â