Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

2 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Its clearly doris the beloved tea lady.The club has gone to shit but the tea is always excellent!

Even after they took away the Chocolate digestives, what a trooper!

Also, whenever a player proclaims their love for the club, I get suspicious if the accompanying photo doesn't show the player's hands, as I suspect they may be flipping the bird out of frame while saying it. Its probably paranoia on my part though. However, what a player says, and with what is offered on the pitch seems to seriously contradict. They not only play like they hate Villa, but play like they hate football too, and  daydream of what could have been if they paid more attention in school.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Nah, she is a word removed too. Started putting the tea bag in first, one stir and that's it. She's got complacent and has been taking liberties for a long time. I am surprised nobody has cottoned on yet. The word removed.

how else do you do it?

21 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Whaaaa??? Mars Attacks! was a great movie, one of my favourites of all time.

Take your point about the difference between what is being said and what we actually see happening on the pitch, though.

However, your post put a different image in my mind - it's the last home game of the season, the players are starting on their "lap of appreciation" and the martians suddenly descend and vaporise the entire squad. Nice...:)

189955.jpg

'Bad to average' a pretty fair summary IMO.

I want Black to pick Nzogbia , Gabby , Richards , Lescott , Sanchez , Westwood , Bacuna  for every match till the end , and subject them to a shitstorm of abuse so venemous that they'll wish to retire from football all together . They are beneath contempt which is ironic considering the contempt and lack of respect they've shown to us and our great club 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bretonvilla said:

I want Black to pick Nzogbia , Gabby , Richards , Lescott , Sanchez , Westwood , Bacuna  for every match till the end , and subject them to a shitstorm of abuse so venemous that they'll wish to retire from football all together . They are beneath contempt which is ironic considering the contempt and lack of respect they've shown to us and our great club 

agreed but what has Sanchez and even Nzogbia done to deserve this abuse this season?

I have been thinking about the attitude of the players today and reflecting on the information that has been recorded in the media; specifically regarding the view that certain players should be playing champions league football. Now please bear in mind I am not a football manager but a mental health nurse so I am basing my idea on behaviour. 

I think for too long now we have had managers who have been battling against relegation and poor results. Our players have become disheartened, and in an attempt to build confidence the managers have talked up the quality of the players - privately and publicly.

A problem that I see with this is that the players are used to being told that they are too good for relegation positions. They are unable to see what we can see, they are not good enough. They don't accept responsibility for the league position. 

Then a new manager Remé comes in and tells a few home truths, encourages players to take responsibility for the disappointing season(s). The players do not like this and we have a reaction from key players like Gabby and Grealish.  The way that Grealish responded to the sacking of Remé supports my view. 

• Like 1

I agree with the Newcastle guy, We should do what they do on game of thrones. 

If/when the staff become of no use what so **** ever then throw the useless words removed on the furnace.

At least we will get some warmth off them for 90mins that way. 

Edited by Kingman

38 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I agree with the Newcastle guy, We should do what they do on game of thrones. 

If/when the staff become of no use what so **** ever then throw the useless words removed on the furnace.

At least we will get some warmth off them for 90mins that way. 

Nah they would be like damp squibs! A little puff and then gone. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Nah they would be like damp squibs! A little puff and then gone. 

Yeah, To quote the guy again… They need a **** good slap, but whats the point in that as they would probably just cower in the corner like the little weak fanny faggots they have been all season. 

Even spitting on the useless words removed would be to good for 90% them.

Edited by Kingman

Â