The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

3 minutes ago, jon_c said:

S**t no one tell Dr Xia.

This is what he has put up on weibo... (Poorly translated via Google)

英国宣布正式脱欧。昨日和英国大使Woodward、公使沟通,称RECON如今是在英国知名度最高的中国企业,脱欧后对中国企业投资英国的影响:1、食品业机会巨大;2、英国足球消费和品牌技术输出将会有更大潜力;3、英镑贬值给投资带来更多机会。虽然长远角度不赞成脱欧,总之对中国大多数企业而言却得多于失。

Britain announced officially off Europe . Yesterday and British Ambassador Woodward, minister of communication , said RECON is now in the UK most famous Chinese enterprises, investment British influence in Europe after the removal of the Chinese Enterprise: 1 , tremendous opportunities for the food industry ; 2 , the British soccer brand and consumer technology export will there is greater potential ; 3 , the depreciation of the pound to bring more investment opportunities . Although long-term perspective in favor of removal in Europe, in short, but much to lose for most Chinese enterprises .

I think he knows...

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Unless the EU makes some pretty substantial reforms there is no chance we'll be the only one leaving. Eurospecticism just as high as the UK if not higher in: France, Italy and Austria.

I suspect Greece will be the one leaving fastest.  This will shag their economy completely - lack of "Brits abroad" and whatnot.

Just interviewing couple at Manc airport on ITV...stupid woman said she voted leave...was sad with the result...and now this morning would vote to stay.

The bellend must've been trying to exchange currency.

What a shower. :bang:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Good. His handling of this has been **** appalling.

I do think that is where this referendum is lost.  My constituency is probably the most Tory in the country and voted in, it's the Labour vote going against their party/leadership that proved the difference really.

Just now, hogso said:

It's hard to imagine how things could get much worse.

People calling for a united Ireland. Scottish independance, Spain threatening to move on Gibraltar, our currency is ****, political turmoil that'll last months at least.

Argentina will probably kick off about the **** Falklands again.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just interviewing couple at Manc airport on ITV...stupid woman said she voted leave...was sad with the result...and now this morning would vote to stay.

Out of everything that I've heard this morning, this is the most baffling. Scarily, I've heard similar stories a few times now. Words fail me, I genuinely don't know whether to laugh or cry.

A woman I work with told me yesterday that she wasn't going to vote because, and she did admit her potential ignorance, but she didn't feel she knew enough to make an informed decision and so didn't want to vote either way. What a difference it would have made if more had made that decision, because it's always a valid one in a referendum.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Cameron has to go down as one of the worst PMs ever. Gambled with the country to shore up Tory right-wing support. Muppet.

He's been riding his luck.

Would've had to resign imo if Scots had voted out so wouldn't have even made the last election which was a huge shock in itself with Tories winning a small majority.

The luck run out spectacularly last night.

He shouldn't have held this so soon after the last election.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Argentina will probably kick off about the **** Falklands again.

yep and I'm sure those Aliens from Independence day will want a third try at world domination as well  :rolleyes:

I've had friends on Facebook posting drivel like I can't look my child in the eye and I've had to apologise to him over breakfast because his future has been ruined  , another person said they were almost in tears   then you get the I'm leaving this country knee jerkers  

the phrase imbeciles has been branded around a lot this week , it's safe to say from the evidence it isn't exclusive to one side

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

Just now, tonyh29 said:

yep and I'm sure those Aliens from Independence day will want a third try at world domination as well  :rolleyes:

Yes, those things are equally likely. 

• Like 1

Â