The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

The stock market will bounce back and has already started to. Likewise the pound.  My worry is more sentiment.  Why people voted leave? I think the majority it was for nationalistic and xenophobic reasons and that worries me.

The pound will not bounce back and we are heading for an economic slowdown. 

• Like 1

Just now, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Tuition fees in UK will almost certainly go up and by quite a lot imo.

Affecting the people who, by and large, really didn't want this.

God bless democracy! :detect: 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Just think all the floating voters that voted Tory in the last election because they were worried about the economy well  if they had of voted Labour we'd have not had a referendum. 

A complete bunch of floaters! 

Just now, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Well we have to protect our jobs against the scummy youth somehow! :lol:

I feel for the poor buggers. If I was 16, I'd already be off to Canada/Germany etc.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

People have different opinions. Name calling, abuse and bickering over who they voted for isn't going to change anything now.

It's done. We need to pull together and move on and make our country stable.

Dunno man, I worry there are too many irreconcilable differences between the two sides. I feel genuine anger at those types who read the sun & voted to stop brown types from sneaking in but also realise there are those  who voted to leave for honest reasons.

I don't think people who side on either extreme can co exist and I worry the number of both types is large enough to cause problems.

Im currently genuinely angry and feel very alienated from more than half of my fellow UKers and even older members of my own family.

Just now, villarule123 said:

What will happen with the house prices? Will the interest rates go up, forcing me to sell up, losing my £60k deposit because the value of the house has gone down? 

Nobody knows...This would probably be a good time to get a fairly lengthy fixed term deal if you are able to and rising interest will make things too unaffordable. There's every chance interest rates will also go down, but I'm fairly pleased I'm locked in for 4 years, either way, nothing is certain right now.

2 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Interesting point. EU students pay the same fees as UK students so it's likely that EU students will have to pay the sort of fees that non-EU students currently have to pay. Thus providing an incentive to not come to UK universities and UK universities will lose money. 

There's also a double whammy which is that UK students will have a much harder time getting into top universities in Europe which are significantly cheaper than their UK counterparts. 

So again, another example of the baby boomers negatively impacting on the futures of the young.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Nobody knows...This would probably be a good time to get a fairly lengthy fixed term deal if you are able to and rising interest will make things too unaffordable. There's every chance interest rates will also go down, but I'm fairly pleased I'm locked in for 4 years, either way, nothing is certain right now.

I'm locked for 2 years, just in time for all the fun :D

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Whilst plenty of people who voted Remain are coming out and expressing their worries, there are very few (if any at all) people who voted Out saying "Hold on a moment, this is all OK because <x>, <y>, <z>".

Where's the reassurance in all this?

Yep. And even then the best reassurance I've seen is 'the pound will recover'

Well thanks, I feel much better now.

Well, there's no plan, and we don't even know who'll be leading the negotiations to leave. what comfort can there be? We've jumped feet first in to a very deep hole and are hoping there's something soft at the bottom.

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've got not problem with a Leave voter if they've come to a considered decision. I disagree with them, but respectfully.

You might find one or two I suppose, but it will be a lot like a game of this, except you're looking for one that isn't a wally! 

615CW7mYiIL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep. And even then the best reassurance I've seen is 'the pound will recover'

Well thanks, I feel much better now.

"Short term pain, long term gain" I've heard.

Based on what exactly I've no idea, but it sounds promising.

• Like 1

If it's true that Morgan Stanley already has a task force in place to move them out of London then that suggests to me they put the wheels in motion a while a go and are now using the shroud of the exit to justify their move

they won't be the only ones to do it

Â