The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It will be interesting to see how the UK map of areas which voted to leave compares with the map of areas of high unemployment.

There seems to be a strong correlation at first sight but it needs to be done properly.

Based on a first ipression it looks to be the case and if so the Sunderland result would be indicative.

In the end the result might be more of a critique of the UK's inequality than the EU.

The UK is the most unequal country in Europe apart from Portugal.

It seems we have just found out we have become Disraeli's 'Two Nations' and neither side understands the other.

Leave campaign did a great job at 'capturing' these sentiment and channeling the EU via Johnny Foreigner as the cause. Naturally, nothing will change for these people outside of the EU. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hogso said:

Going to Eire, Germany and Greece in the next couple of months, and I have yet to exhange any sterling.

As an aside, will this have any sort of major repercusions for Gibraltar?

The monkeys stealing your foodwill now charge you a fiver for it.

5 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

In the end the result might be more of a critique of the UK's inequality than the EU.

So the poor/working classes who were hoodwinked into voting Tory at the GE have now protested the increased inequality they face by voting us out of the EU. Oh and immigrants. 

People are genius. 

• Like 2

Just now, jon_c said:

The real issue is, who do we blame for everything now we can't blame the EU?

I believe next on the hit list are the people who grandparents aren't white with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Wait a minute.. I'm sure I've heard of that somewhere..

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

13450126_10208510252107080_3617903629563619644_n.jpg

That's exactly why I said anyone over the age of 70 should have been told to **** off and let the younger generations to decide.

AND YET. The people over 60 have had THE BEST opportunities since WW2.  Ungrateful, uneducated, self entitled ****.

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

The real issue is, who do we blame for everything now we can't blame the EU?

Don't worry. Dave has given George the laminated 'no money left' note. So it will be back to blaming labour for the next recession, because we are still recovering from that last one they caused that affected the whole world!! 

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

From the Guardian. If any Leave voters need me to explain it, just mash your face against the keyboard. ;) 

dDepUfY.png

Makes total sense. Perhaps we should regret not investing heavily enough in education over the years.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Say I decided "Right, I don't want to live in a xenophobic short sighted bigoted country anymore" and wanted to escape, is this even possible as my escape routes are now more difficult & more expensive to get to and I'll have **** all income/savings/equity to finance such an escape.

Plus I work in the nhs.

Im royally ****ed, trapped in a country I feel alienated from and can't do anything about it :(

"County"!? Speak for others, but don't tar all regions with the same brush.

Some parts of the UK were mainly remain; London* was mainly remain. My constituency was 75%. 

*London: the place with the most immigration, mainly voted remain. Funny that. 

Unsurprisingly anyone who voted to leave to is now xenophobic or a racist or short sighted or an idiot

id say with Dave sat in Buckingham palace tendering his resignation a decent % of leave voters have got their wish this morning, i think this a huge kick in the bollocks for politics in general, people aren't happy and they've stuck something in front of them that allows them to demonstrate it

the next 2 years will be interesting, for us I'm not doom and gloom, lots of guessing going on

• Like 1

Â