The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

4 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

I take massive issue with this...Forgive me if I've misjudged your Brexit position....

1. The WA was designed in a way that was compatible with the Uk 'red lines' while respecting the Good Friday Agreement and the EU's own laws/rules governing trade which are there for everyone to look up.

2. They didn't impose a "bad deal" on us...The WA is the result of everything discussed in point 1. It's a negotiation. If you have a problem with it, then you should be apportioning at least 50% of the blame of it to the UK side.

3. You state that the EU has a secret agenda to keep us in the EU by making this deal as bad as possible. Notwithstanding option 1 and 2, if the politicians had voted that agreement through we would have left. It's not their fault that the result of 2 years negotiation was rejected by your elected representatives. The vast vast majority of the "Remain supporting" MP's voted for it. The "Leave supporting" ones didn't...it's their fault we aren't out.

4. There's no such thing as a "good deal". It's all bad. Every major forecast tells us we'll be worse off, if we aren't already as a result of this **** mess. I can't believe people are still buying the crap.

I have no Brexit position at all,  I have lived in holland for 20 + years and was just contributing (Hopefully) to the thread etc.  I just put a few thoughts out there and I have no axe to grind here adn I just wanted to know what people thought.  If I have inflamed a nerve I apologize ?

42 minutes ago, choffer said:

but can you imagine the storm that they’d whip up if a European politician turned their back on the English national anthem?

Ah yes but that would be their hypocrissy, something I try to avaoid

Having said that, I object to GSTQ because of the words, what they were doing was turning their back on a poem by Friedrich Schiller from 1780 something set to music by Ludvig van Beethoven as far back as 1820 something. Hardly the same thing espically as the poem is an ode To Joy. Fun Killers!

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Did you have to run up a pole and cross a canal to prove your worth ? :mrgreen:

No, he had to stick his finger in a dyke. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have no Brexit position at all,  I have lived in holland for 20 + years and was just contributing (Hopefully) to the thread etc.  I just put a few thoughts out there and I have no axe to grind here adn I just wanted to know what people thought.  If I have inflamed a nerve I apologize ?

None required!

Tbh I'm just fed up of people blaming everyone but our own incompetent politicians for this shitshow. That's how I read your post. 

• Thanks 1

A former Northern Ireland Minister told LBC why Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt's promise of using "technology" to sort out the Irish border simply won't work.

Lord Hain explained why simply using number plate trackers will not protect the UK's border in Northern Ireland.

LBC

20 hours ago, choffer said:

I can’t say I disagree with much of that (although I do stand for GSTQ) but can you imagine the storm that they’d whip up if a European politician turned their back on the English national anthem?

At least Sinn Fein MPs have the good manners to not set foot in Commons.

anne Widdecombe just likened us leaving to slaves rising up against their owners...

oppressed people rising up against their oppressors

jesus **** christ

their plan is working, make us look like the village idiot that they cant wait to boot out

Â