The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

No Deal is the default, May's deal is the only other thing that's got a chance of being considered now. I can see either. May's deal should be dead, but when it comes down to as straight race between that and a complete disaster, I could see some cold feet coming into play at the death. But then No Deal happens without anyone doing anything so...

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Not possible as far as I'm aware, there is a clause I believe that prevents malicious revocation of Article 50.

I was only joking, but would be very interested to see such a clause in any case.  No chance that exists, whatsoever.

In a ‘No Deal’ scenario there is still the problem for both sides of what to do about the Irish border.

A no deal Brexit has no up sides for either party and considerable downsides for both. 

It doesn’t mean that it won’t happen but there would definitely be an appetite to avoid it, including by extension of the A50 timeline. 

28 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Surely the Dromey / Spelman "we don't want no deal, but not enough to do anything about it" one will go through. Not that it means anything.

Shockingly, yes. That'll be 2 useless amendments tonight then.

16 minutes ago, Risso said:

I was only joking, but would be very interested to see such a clause in any case.  No chance that exists, whatsoever.

Yes, I believe such a clause doesn't exist.

There has been some discussion about changing the rules in future along those lines (good luck in drafting something that identifies malicious intent) which may be where the confusion arises.

13 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

In a ‘No Deal’ scenario there is still the problem for both sides of what to do about the Irish border.

A no deal Brexit has no up sides for either party and considerable downsides for both. 

It makes you wonder why the Irish wouldn't just throw in their lot with us.

Get the band back together.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If we actually allow ourselves to leave with No Deal then we should just shoot every politician into the sun.

Like we'd ever be able to fund a space programme.

• Like 1

Well for everyone that voted for Brexit and longed back for the days of the old empire, I think GB and British politics hasn't had so much media attention since ww2. Literally every news outlet I'm looking at are talking about Brexit. Center of attention once again!

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â