The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 minute ago, villakram said:

How do you know that Corbyn is poor? Opposition in British politics is a particularly shitty position to be in. Wanting out of Brexit and pinning blame on Corbyn refuses to acknowledge the political realities of the Labor party and the British electorate.

it's easier to be in opposition than it is to govern and he can't even manage opposition

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villakram said:

How do you know that Corbyn is poor?

I just watched and listened to his 'speech', i.e. I reached a conclusion from viewing the evidence.

As implied by my post, this is not the first time I have done this.

5 minutes ago, villakram said:

Wanting out of Brexit and pinning blame on Corbyn

What has that to do with me and my post? Ah, that's right - nothing whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Edited by snowychap

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Those pesky blood donation centres indulging in project fear as well. I always knew they were in cahoots with supermarkets, Airbus etc

Yeah but we survived two world war's Stefan, we can survive this.

If we can evacuate the entire British Army at Dunkirk then we can survive Brexit.

It's not like a lack of blood has ever killed anyone. 

OUT MEANS OUT

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I just watched and listened to his 'speech', i.e. I reached a conclusion from viewing the evidence.

As implied by my post, this is not the first time I have done this.

What has that to do with me and my post? Ah, that's right - nothing whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Fair enough... but watching this from afar, it's been quite interesting seeing the increase of Corbyn this and that, while May burns the house to the ground. This was what was more on my mind

LONDON (Reuters) - British opposition Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said on Tuesday he believed the government would have to delay Britain’s departure from the European Union as time runs out to get a deal with Brussels.

“Whatever happens in the votes that follow it has now become inevitable that the government will have to extend Article 50 in any scenario,” Corbyn said in parliament before MPs are due to vote on ways to shape Prime Minister Theresa May’s next steps on Brexit.

Reuters

Right at least one of the two following statements must be true

1. Corbyn is stupid
  2. Corbyn is a disingenuous dick

Why is he still propagating this idea that A50 will be extended as if it's wholly within the UK's purview to extend it? It will only be extended for a GE or 2nd Ref, how many chuffing times (today even by more than one person) does this have to be said before it sinks in

Grauniad:

The EU is preparing to issue an immediate rebuff to Theresa May by publishing a statement rejecting any renegotiation of the withdrawal agreement in the event of the so-called Brady amendment being passed by parliament.

MPs were corralled by the prime minister on Tuesday to back a proposal under which the Commons would commit to supporting the withdrawal agreement should the Irish backstop contained within it be “replaced”.

But as the prime minister called on MPs to send a message to Brussels, EU officials disclosed that a statement was being prepared that would immediately close off the possibility of opening up an agreement that had already been negotiated and agreed over the last 20 months.

“The EU27 and the commission have already prepared a reaction in case the Brady amendment passes this evening saying they will not renegotiate the withdrawal agreement,” an official told Bloomberg.

An EU official also confirmed to the Guardian that such a response could be expected.

It is understood that during a phone call with the prime minister on Tuesday afternoon, the European commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, said the EU would not budge on its refusal to renegotiate.

Under the terms of the backstop in the withdrawal agreement the whole of the UK would stay in a customs union until an alternative arrangement, such as a comprehensive trade deal or technological solution, ensured the avoidance of a hard border on the island of Ireland.

Brexiters fear being stuck in a customs union would kill off their hopes of the UK furthering an independent trade policy. Tory MPs have variously made calls for the backstop to be removed from the Brexit deal or for a unilateral exit mechanism or time limit on such an arrangement to be inserted.

May told MPs on Tuesday that supporting the Brady amendment would show the EU that there needed to be “significant” and “legally binding” changes to the Irish backstop to reassure MPs that the UK would not be trapped within it.

She said this would involve opening up the withdrawal agreement rather than merely securing “an exchange of letters” with the EU’s leaders offering reassurances, a gambit that failed before the last vote on the deal, which was lost by a historic 230 votes.

But EU officials and diplomats said the Brady amendment, even if heavily supported in the Commons, was too vague for the EU’s heads of state of government to be confident that one particular course of action would receive the full support of parliament for a deal.

Sources additionally said the EU’s most senior officials – Juncker, and Donald Tusk, the president of the European council – continued to believe nothing could be reasonably done to win round the Democratic Unionist party and the European Research Group of anti-EU Tory MPs, led by Jacob Rees-Mogg.

That position was reiterated on Monday by the EU’s deputy chief negotiator, Sabine Weyand. “We need to have a majority that doesn’t just get agreement over hurdle of a meaningful vote by a narrow majority but we need to have a stable majority to ensure the ratification,” she said. “That’s quite a big challenge. There’s no negotiation between the UK and EU – that’s finished.”

She added: “Our impression is discussion is much more about the future of the country and the future of the UK-EU relationship than about the content of the withdrawal agreement.”

There have not been any formal discussions in Brussels among the 27 other member states over how they might react to developments in London over the last two weeks. But while the EU’s institutions have offered an uncompromising position in public, diplomats representing some member states in the negotiations said informal discussions had been held in the corridors of the EU’s institutions about time limits on the backstop and exit mechanisms.

“At the end Ireland might need to think twice: do they want a definite problem on 30 March or do we want a possible problem in 2025?” said one diplomat. “But then you hear [an] end date for a backstop is not enough for some Brexiters.”

The diplomat said the decision would be Ireland’s and the rest of the EU27 would look to Juncker and Tusk to recommend any course of action. “It is very difficult for member states to direct these things,” the diplomat said.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Official confirmation of the above.

This is all fine. This is all normal.

for context ,  According to  the NHS themselves

8 week gap in taking blood in the two towns will lead to six sessions being cancelled. During the same period 2,700 sessions will take place elsewhere in the country.'

don't know when people will learn  ....

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

8 week gap in taking blood in the two towns will lead to six sessions being cancelled. During the same period 2,700 sessions will take place elsewhere in the country.'

'It's fine. We aren't cancelling MANY sessions'.

:bang:

We shouldn't be cancelling ANY.

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That everyday life in the south of the country shouldn't really have to be put on hold or cancelled because of the gridlock and chaos that the Government's chosen policies are going to cause?

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

An hour, a day, a week, a month, two months before, it's been said that many times, they must want to strangle the bitch. They should wait for her to arrive in Europe and just not acknowledge her presence

• Like 1

such a predictable waste of everyone's time. Line them up against a wall and pelt them with vegetabl - no, bad idea, we can't afford to waste food now

Edited by Rodders
edited for almost very poor taste
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chindie said:

'It's fine. We aren't cancelling MANY sessions'.

:bang:

We shouldn't be cancelling ANY.

I agree  ..but in the first instance I sorta saw this mass hysteria and thought shit maybe I should study Christopher Lee films and find how to procure blood for myself just in case UK stocks run low and i need some   ..Imagine my surprise when I found out it was  .2 % of blood donations that were cancelled ... and the extra sessions are being rescheduled in other hospitals anyway

they are cancelling based on traffic jams that may or may not occur in the event of a No Deal that  may or may not occur anyway .. the NHS being proactive , that must be a first

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

An hour, a day, a week, a month, two months before, it's been said that many times, they must want to strangle the bitch. They should wait for her to arrive in Europe and just not acknowledge her presence

That's true.

I still think it underlines just what an absolute horror she is. She is a liar and she is a disgrace.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That everyday life in the south of the country shouldn't really have to be put on hold or cancelled because of the gridlock and chaos that the Government's chosen policies are going to cause?

i don't recall you being so vocal when their life was disrupted by striking French employees of MyFerryLink

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

they are cancelling based on traffic jams that may or may not occur 

as long as it's a government organised traffic jam we should be fine

seriously, the government that literally couldn't organise a traffic jam

what an absolute farce this all is

Â