The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

How would you find the leave voters?

It's easy, the BBC seem to manage it easily enough. Just get a camera out and go and interview 'shoppers' in Stoke in Trent on a weekday when everyone else is at work

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

As long as hard Brexit is off the table I think I will be able to live with the outcome of this mess.

I dearly hope Theresa May truly does listen to the opposition. She will only get a deal through parliament by getting closer to those who want to remain closer to EU on the opposite benches than the lunatics in her own party who want no deal. 

Hard Brexit can't be taken off the table. It's a default position by automatic operation of law, as David Allen Green would put it.

There isn't a deal better than the one we have right now. Anything less than that is a an example of national blood letting for no damn reason.

So, there are (probably) four outcomes here:

• Revoking A50 and staying in Europe
  • Extending A50 and looking at renegotiating
  • The seven-week-miracle-negotiation that suits both the EU and the entirety of Parliament
  • No deal

Where would you put each of those in terms of likelihood?

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You're probably right, but I just wonder . . . 

The absolute maximum is an an A50 extension request, but I'd be surprised if that was decided already.

It's going to be her doing some empty rhetoric for the papers about how she's committed to the referendum result. You know. The stuff that makes you wish you had a gun to blow open your temples.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

The absolute maximum is an an A50 extension request, but I'd be surprised if that was decided already.

It's going to be her doing some empty rhetoric for the papers about how she's committed to the referendum result. You know. The stuff that makes you wish you had a gun to blow open your temples.

I mean, that's a completely fair prediction as that's 99% of what she ever says. 

Bottom line, she's going to have to start saying things that aren't completely meaningless at some point between now and March, and why not start tonight. She actually has more political capital right now, tonight, than she's had for a while. Maybe time to spend some of it. 

1 hour ago, Risso said:

The expressions and body language of Corbyn and May were very telling I thought, when Watson and Gove respectively were speaking.  Corbyn couldn't even pretend to nod and has a look of absolute hatred frozen on his face.  May has the fake smile of somebody over Christmas when a relative they really can't stand has come to stay for a few days.

I share a strong connection with each of them. I'm with Jez "absolute boy" Corbz, in that I absolutely loathe May and the tories, and I'm on May's side in that I can't stand Jeremy numpty Corbyn...or Gove. come to that. What could possibly go wrong here?

• Like 1

I genuinely, genuinely loathe that woman.

As expected, meaningless disingenuous hypocritical shit dribbling from her mouth again.

Downing Street collapsing into the Earth's core overnight would be worth celebrating.

• Like 3

Â