The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

going OT that theyworkforyou website is a scary place, not sure if anyone would find a single politician they agree with or even like if they went through all the details

My MP campaigned for staying in the EU, wyre forest voted to leave, he then was part of the trade negotiations

he also spent £8k on a 4 day trip to saudi arabia last year 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Awol said:

Twitter says WTF? 

Twitter is Remain, Facebook is Leave, Instagram is DGAF :)

Spoiler

added a smiley face to make clear I'm not being entirely serious, although . . . 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

The general response is "oh yea, never though of it that way" or "I'm sure it'll be ok". 

This drives me up the wall. I've spoken of my cluster of desks at work before of which I'm the only remainer out of 6 people.

That response is all I ever get when I point out whatever bullshit reason they've come up with this week for Brexit is wrong

"Welllll, nobody really knows what will happen do they?"

Nobody definitely knows for sure what will happen if I dive naked into this tank of hungry great white sharks. I MIGHT be fine. But I'm not about to find out!

50 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd have changed my mind, if I'd have heard a coherent and plausible argument for leaving in 2016.

I'd still change my mind if I was presented anything which resembled a sane argument.  The fact is, is there hasn't been. 

I'm not stupid enough to know I can't be wrong, and I often am and do change my opinions. 

Another good post Laps (see what happens when you apply yourself? ;) )

This bit sums it all up for me as well.

I'm yet to hear a good argument for Brexit. I'm yet to even hear an argument that I can say "Well I disagree with that but I can see why you would want it"
Nobody seems to be able to offer anything other than total lies.

I made a point on a public Facebook post last night about how Brexit won't be good, and the amount of nonsense I got back was so frustrating. Just the usual "We'll have more money because we'll be sending none to the EU so the NHS will get more" "We'll have less immigration" "There will be more jobs as all the foreigners will move home"

Just all false.

I've said it many times in this thread, I don't see a single reason why Brexit is a good idea. Not one. Even the few leavers on the fountain of knowledge that is VT don't seem to be able to come up with one.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

There are only really 2 options now, No agreement will ever satisfy everyone.

WTO/No Deal or scrap the whole thing

Unless there is a change of government, I think this is correct (it may be correct even then, but I doubt it). 

It seems clear to me from last night's vote, and this morning's announcement that she will listen to the House but not the Opposition, that May cannot possibly deliver any deal whatsoever. If she remains in power, she either revokes Article 50 or we leave with no deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've said it many times in this thread, I don't see a single reason why Brexit is a good idea. Not one. Even the few leavers on the fountain of knowledge that is VT don't seem to be able to come up with one.

that's because when i did try  , you dismissed them all  :P  and on a football forum whilst I'm supposed to be working I can't give you a Levi style 40 page analysis of it all

but like I said before , to an extent remain / leave the outcome isn't linear so a lot can only really be based around What if  ... the EU ended Quantitative Easing in Dec  , they've pumped in €2.5 trillion of money into the Eurozone during that time in a bid to stabilise the area  .. it remains to be seen how it plays out , you might find being outside of it is an advantage , equally you might find that something that large will have a global affect regardless of being in or out 

which as you pointed out last time  , isn't a valid good reason   ..which i also accept

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Unless there is a change of government, I think this is correct (it may be correct even then, but I doubt it). 

It seems clear to me from last night's vote, and this morning's announcement that she will listen to the House but not the Opposition, that May cannot possibly deliver any deal whatsoever. If she remains in power, she either revokes Article 50 or we leave with no deal. 

I don't see her going, and I really can't see her revoking without extreme force being applied. She won't even countenance a second referendum.

No Deal it is then.

Idiots.

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that's because when i did try  , you dismissed them all  :P  and on a football forum whilst I'm supposed to be working I can't give you a Levi style 40 page analysis of it all

but like I said before , to an extent remain / leave the outcome isn't linear so a lot can only really be based around What if  ... the EU ended Quantitative Easing in Dec  , they've pumped in €2.5 trillion of money into the Eurozone during that time in a bid to stabilise the area  .. it remains to be seen how it plays out , you might find being outside of it is an advantage , equally you might find that something that large will have a global affect regardless of being in or out 

which as you pointed out last time  , isn't a valid good reason   ..which i also accept

I honestly don't remember interacting with you on this, especially around that particular discussion point. So apologies if I have! :) 

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

UK politics is broken. The no confidence 'debate' is horrendous. Predictably so. But still.

Its a waste of a day when we already know what the result will be and there is so much to do. Underlines the real agenda of those involved.

At least we'll look at the numbers tonight and have a good idea of just how many MPs we can consign to the bin of credibility for eternity if they ever dare invoke the good of the people again. A month ago over a hundred told us May isn't good enough for the Tory party. Last night her flagship, arguably only, policy was kicked to the gutter in disgrace. Tonight they'll happily support it all though.

Principles? Ha.

An obscenely bad government, lead by someone who got embarrassed for about the 6th time last night, that vast chunks of the party want gone, is good enough to run the country.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Chindie said:

At least we'll look at the numbers tonight and have a good idea of just how many MPs we can consign to the bin of credibility for eternity if they ever dare invoke the good of the people again. A month ago over a hundred told us May isn't good enough for the Tory party. Last night her flagship, arguably only, policy was kicked to the gutter in disgrace. Tonight they'll happily support it all though.

Principles? Ha.

An obscenely bad government, lead by someone who got embarrassed for about the 6th time last night, that vast chunks of the party want gone, is good enough to run the country.

I give it about a day or so before the first chuckleheads are telling me that Anna Soubry and Dominic Grieve are 'the real opposition'. 

Â