The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

How many SNP and labour MP’s were you expecting to vote with the govt ? 

I dunno - I think I imagined the parliament was less balanced. 

Good to see the DUP issued a statement within a minute reminding her she's their bitch.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I dunno - I think I imagined the parliament was less balanced. 

Good to see the DUP issued a statement within a minute reminding her she's their bitch.

I wish he’d have just come straight out and said it rather than beating about the bush :D

• Haha 1

It's perverse isn't it? He stands up and thanks Theresa May for the money for healthcare, schools and infrastructure. The sheer brass neck to gloat about the unfair bribe that keeps the Conservative party in power. 

The rest of the UK deserves that investment too, but because it's being invested in it's people not for borderline corrupt political gain. 

That's what sort of government we have. One where it's party's own MPs will roundly reject it's biggest policy, but then vote to keep confidence in the government, to keep themselves in parliament. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

It's perverse isn't it? He stands up and thanks Theresa May for the money for healthcare, schools and infrastructure. The sheer brass neck to gloat about the unfair bribe that keeps the Conservative party in power. 

The rest of the UK deserves that investment too, but because it's being invested in it's people not for borderline corrupt political gain. 

That's what sort of government we have. One where it's party's own MPs will roundly reject it's biggest policy, but then vote to keep confidence in the government, to keep themselves in parliament. 

The DUP only got 36% of vote in Northern Ireland. And Northern Ireland voted to Remain. Here's a map of who the people of NI sent to Westminster.

295px-United_Kingdom_general_election%2C_2017_%28Northern_Ireland%29.svg.png

An anti-Brexit republican was elected in every single border constituency. Madness.

Just give us back the North and be done with it, will ye? We'll even look after the DUP.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

The DUP only got 36% of vote in Northern Ireland. And Northern Ireland voted to Remain. Here's a map of who the people of NI sent to Westminster.

An anti-Brexit republican was elected in every single border constituency. Madness.

Just give us back the North and be done with it, will ye? We'll even look after the DUP.

If looking after the DUP means giving them concrete boots and instructions to swim to Anglesey, deal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

Maybe we could hold a referendum on it :) 

Could we hold a second referendum on the way in which we'd like to leave, but only allow those that voted leave in the first referendum to vote this time around?

The first referendum was 51.5% vs 48.5% or thereabouts from memory - I'd imagine that a referendum of leave voters would be equally split between soft and hard leave. 

The expressions and body language of Corbyn and May were very telling I thought, when Watson and Gove respectively were speaking.  Corbyn couldn't even pretend to nod and has a look of absolute hatred frozen on his face.  May has the fake smile of somebody over Christmas when a relative they really can't stand has come to stay for a few days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-46899217/no-confidence-motion-gove-and-watson-ahead-of-vote

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Could we hold a second referendum on the way in which we'd like to leave, but only allow those that voted leave in the first referendum to vote this time around?

The first referendum was 51.5% vs 48.5% or thereabouts from memory - I'd imagine that a referendum of leave voters would be equally split between soft and hard leave. 

How would you find the leave voters?

As long as hard Brexit is off the table I think I will be able to live with the outcome of this mess.

I dearly hope Theresa May truly does listen to the opposition. She will only get a deal through parliament by getting closer to those who want to remain closer to EU on the opposite benches than the lunatics in her own party who want no deal. 

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

How would you find the leave voters?

A few pages back we were being told they had (loudly) taken over social media , should be a doddle to find them 

• Haha 1

Â