The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

10 hours ago, Enda said:

What Britain needs is No Deal. That’ll teach the EU to not make its own energy policy.

Who cares if we end being fed through a straw for life, just as long as we land 1 punch on the EU

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Car production in the UK down to it's lowest level since 1956.

Going well, isn't it. And absolutely no one, ever, at all totally didn't see this coming.

Americans about to massively subsidise electric vehicle manufacture, undermining our position in the green tech sector.

Man this country is f***ed.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

How much of that is still down to the chip shortage?

Factories have closed and moved elsewhere and The Astra has ceased UK Production. Who knows if they'll come back or switch to The EU. 

BBC reporting that because of the US Inflation Reduction Act, The EU might react by allowing more domestic Government intervention meaning The UK could end up offering less support to industry than we did before we left the EU.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

How much of that is still down to the chip shortage?

It’s certainly a factor, along with Brexit.

JLR are building a huge battery plant… in Europe.

You’d have to be mad to invest in car production in the UK. There’s the obvious admin, red tape and cost of getting parts on and out from Europe but to offset it there’s nothing. The government that gave us Brexit has lost the upsides and replaced it with nothing. The Brexit opportunities office has literally come up with nothing. 

UK Car production will certainly rise from its current record low (which I’m sure the Tories will try and announce as a positive created by them) as supply issues are sorted, but long term it’ll forever be a shadow of what it was.

A free trade arrangement with the EU is not desirable, it’s absolutely essential for the survival of the country. Any thick **** that opposes it on the grounds of sovrintea needs to be immediately booked in for a brain scan to see if they are missing theirs.

• Like 1

Poll Question: Britain was wrong to leave the EU, agree or disagree?

13bt8rhhu6fa1.jpg

You can read all about it at Unherd

But this bit of the article is particularly interesting

[...]The results also reveal a second finding, which is more subtle but the implications of which are profound for how we understand the country. When you compare the UnHerd Britain 2023 results to the 2016 results, it is clear that enthusiasm for Brexit has faded far more dramatically among Left-leaning areas and areas with higher Labour support than in the Tory heartlands. After six years of political argument and Conservative government, the Brexit question no longer cuts across party lines to the same degree: voting for a pro-Brexit party in 2019 is now a better predictor of whether you support Brexit today than whether you supported Brexit in 2016.

James Kanagasooriam, Chief Research Officer at Focaldata, commented: “The dovetailing of the Brexit divide and the country’s left-right axis has been ongoing for some time, but only with the receding waters of a depressed conservative vote has this pattern become so visible. The leave vote is fading and becoming less distinct from the conservative vote.” [...]

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

13bt8rhhu6fa1.jpg

Is the graphic confusing ro am I being dumb?

Is this saying everywhere in the country except those 3 small areas now think Brexit was a mistake?

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

13bt8rhhu6fa1.jpg

So, basically this is a map showing concentration of to**ers by population.

Incidentally, Lincolnshire is my least favourite part of the country by far. I travel all over for work, and every time I go there I'm surprised by how horrible people are to each other. 

What the poll isn't asking, and something which would get a very different result IMO, is "should we apply to rejoin the EU?"

It's one thing to notice the unavoidable evidence that the Tory Brexit has been a fustercluck, but another thing to think that today we should apply to/rejoin.

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is the graphic confusing ro am I being dumb?

Is this saying everywhere in the country except those 3 small areas now think Brexit was a mistake?

Yes, there is a majority of people in all but those three constituencies that think Brexit was a mistake

• Like 1

Â