The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

£7+ is pretty standard for Lurpak.  Before I saw this post I was going to pose in the 'Things you Often Wonder' thread, who was the last person to buy a tub of Lurpak?

Surely nobody is buying that?

Norpak all the way in this house. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

£7+ is pretty standard for Lurpak.  Before I saw this post I was going to pose in the 'Things you Often Wonder' thread, who was the last person to buy a tub of Lurpak?

Surely nobody is buying that?

I've had a look at the picture again and realised it's a 750g tub. So, not that offensive. 

Bulgarian butter is 'kin awful so I either buy Lurpak in the foil or Monarch at around £4 for 250g. So, it looks like it's me getting shafted.

21 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I've had a look at the picture again and realised it's a 750g tub. So, not that offensive. 

Bulgarian butter is 'kin awful so I either buy Lurpak in the foil or Monarch at around £4 for 250g. So, it looks like it's me getting shafted.

How cheap is double cream? It's very easy to make your own.

BBC talking about the stark economic situation The UK is currently facing. 

I don't understand, I thought we had signed a load of amazeballs trade deals that were going to make us rich? 

I thought we were going to have a bonfire of EU regulation that was going to make us ridiculously efficient.

I though we were going to save billions that was going to The EU. 

Why is everything worse and nothing better? 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2022 at 16:47, AVFC_Hitz said:

Not sure if Polish butter is bad but it's certainly nowhere near Lurpak, at least not the spreadable stuff. I wish there was Norpak here, but as it is I'm getting shafted too. Anyway, £1/100g of Lurpak isn't exactly terrible and I was paying half of that (not a little more) in Poland.

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not sure if Polish butter is bad but it's certainly nowhere near Lurpak, at least not the spreadable stuff. I wish there was Norpak here, but as it is I'm getting shafted too. Anyway, £1/100g of Lurpak isn't exactly terrible and I was paying half of that (not a little more) in Poland.

Bulgarian butter is white and is almost translucent when you run the knife over it. There's a brand in Lidl called Deutsche Marken Butter which is the cheapest butter I know that resembles....butter. Even that's £3.50 for 250g.

• Sad 1

This would be almost funny if it wasn't for the fact that the millions of people just like this guy, who voted without a scooby what they were voting for, hadn't inflicted the dire consequences onto the rest of us due to their ignorance. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This would be almost funny if it wasn't for the fact that the millions of people just like this guy, who voted without a scooby what they were voting for, hadn't inflicted the dire consequences onto the rest of us due to their ignorance. 

It’s an excellent illustration of Brexit isn’t it. It’s an old guy, very passionate about leaving but cannot come up with a single benefit of leaving or even what he was celebrating when he “won”. He did celebrate.

6 years to think of something and can’t come up with anything. Clearly doesn’t understand what the EU is, what the single market is, what he was voting for to happen… but he does know he made the right decision.

The mask also slipped momentarily and he gave a little insight into the Brexiteer mindset when he said “now we can send out gun ships to sink foreign fishing boats”. That’s the kind of thing they genuinely thought would happen.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

The mask also slipped momentarily and he gave a little insight into the Brexiteer mindset when he said “now we can send out gun ships to sink foreign fishing boats”. That’s the kind of thing they genuinely thought would happen

the daft sod must have forgotten that that is exactly what we did during the third Cod War in 1975-6 around Iceland when we were actually in the Common Market / EU

• Like 1

Â