The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good lie.

The lies are just so outrageous aren’t they. People like that need to at least be tagged on social medial as spreading misinformation. Public humiliation is the way to win this war.

Just now, Genie said:

The lies are just so outrageous aren’t they. People like that need to at least be tagged on social medial as spreading misinformation. Public humiliation is the way to win this war.

They'll just **** off to that Trump equivalent and be in an echo chamber of hate, xenophobia and out and out racism. 

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

They'll just **** off to that Trump equivalent and be in an echo chamber of hate, xenophobia and out and out racism. 

Yep, then hopefully, eventually the regulators will shut that shit hole down as spreading hate and encouraging violence.

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The original target was the entire population of the UK?

A tad ambitious I would say.

Probably people from the EU coming over to see how well we’d done for ourselves, and to go back home telling their friends.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Probably people from the EU coming over to see how well we’d done for ourselves, and to go back home telling their friends.

Nevertheless that is a staggering amount of people.

As this is the first I've heard about it, it's hard to believe it was genuinely expecting that many people or else there would be TV and Radio adverts, billboards, web ads.  There would be stuff everywhere.

You don't get 66m people anywhere by just holding it and expecting people to come.  I mean where even was it?  What was it about?  I've heard nothing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Nevertheless that is a staggering amount of people.

As this is the first I've heard about it, it's hard to believe it was genuinely expecting that many people or else there would be TV and Radio adverts, billboards, web ads.  There would be stuff everywhere.

You don't get 66m people anywhere by just holding it and expecting people to come.  I mean where even was it?  What was it about?  I've heard nothing.

Would you have gone if you knew about it, though. I'm pretty certain I know the answer to that. 

Anyway, what has art and creativity got to do with Brexit. Was Banksy being oppressed by Brussels? Were we being bent over by those faceless EU bureaucrats over the cost of acrylic paints and colouring pencils?   

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

The upside of targeted advertising.

TIM MARTIN, Chairman of UK's leading pub chain Wetherspoons, has slammed the Government for mishandling Brexit, causing more chaos to the economy, a news report has revealed.

the next bit is hilarious 

He told the publication: “ “One of the big advantages of Brexit is to get rid of the f***ing tariffs”

“They haven’t done it!

“If you criticise the EU for its protectionism, there’s an implicit promise you’re going to do something different.”

How is getting rid of something we never had in the first place an advantage?

Express

This is also the man who said an immigration system needs to be put in place to help bring in more EU staff for his pub chain.

Its bonkers isn’t it, one of the most vocal opponents of the EU doing a bloody good job of highlighting the membership benefits.

Â