The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Looks like we still live in a country (just) where you can't lie and buy your way out of absolutely anything. I don't think we're too far away from that in some ways, but this ruling shows that we haven't tipped past that point just yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Exactly the kind of shit that lead to this Representative for Wellingborough being part of the word filter. I'd like to send this word removed to Rwanda.

Preferably from a great height at terminal velocity without a parachute.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Exactly the kind of shit that lead to this Representative for Wellingborough being part of the word filter. I'd like to send this word removed to Rwanda.

"his point is well made and well argued"

Is it ****. Get in the sea you old word removed

• Like 1

Why don't we just send all of these asylum seekers over to that new gun-toting, 40-acre haven in Texas (in another thread)?

That means we finally get rid of the brown people in OUR country, AND it gives those spiffing chaps something to hunt - that to me is TWO problems solved. 

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If this is true then shame on the security officers. As if these people haven't been through enough. 

Our Government probably wanted this story leaked. 

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-will-leave-workers-poorer-than-they-would-have-been-and-has-damaged-britains-competitiveness-new-study-says-12638190

Brexit will leave workers poorer than they would have been and has damaged Britain's competitiveness, new study says

The findings go on to say leaving the EU has pushed up the cost of living, seen investment fall and the UK lose market share in key areas.

The Resolution Foundation said leaving the EU has reduced how open and competitive Britain's economy is.

And it goes further to say it has also led to an increase in cost of living and the level of business investment falling.

The report, in collaboration with the London School of Economics, said this was all as a result of a "depreciation-driven inflation spike" following Brexit.

The full effect of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement will take years to be felt but the move towards a more closed economy, say the authors, will make the UK less competitive, which will reduce productivity and real wages, it was predicted.

North East hardest hit

Output of Britain's relatively small but high-profile fishing industry - many of whose members advocated strongly for Brexit - is expected to decline by 30% and some workers will face "painful adjustments", said the foundation.

The report added the North East is expected to be hit hardest by Brexit as its firms are particularly reliant on exports to the EU.

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-will-leave-workers-poorer-than-they-would-have-been-and-has-damaged-britains-competitiveness-new-study-says-12638190

Brexit will leave workers poorer than they would have been and has damaged Britain's competitiveness, new study says

The findings go on to say leaving the EU has pushed up the cost of living, seen investment fall and the UK lose market share in key areas.

I’m waiting for JRM to blame the British public for not coming up with any good ideas.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m waiting for JRM to blame the British public for not coming up with any good ideas.

It says in the report that the Government responded by saying they were exploring all sorts of new opportunities.  Seems like the The Resolution Foundation and LSE can't see these opportunities amounting to much though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Â