The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Bank of England said yesterday that we are losing around 400 million pound a week because of Brexit. A Brexit that we were told would deliver an extra 350 million pound a week for the NHS. Some of us were well and truly had weren't we.

Can anyone explain what the downside of joining the European Single Market would be?

It would improve several of the biggest issues we have on the table for sure, what are the negatives? 

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can anyone explain what the downside of joining the European Single Market would be?

It would improve several of the biggest issues we have on the table for sure, what are the negatives? 

We couldn't quickly buy our own coronavirus vaccines *

* Even though we actually could. 

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

There isn't one.

There are only three options with regard NI. Re-join the single market, stick with the protocol or compromise the Good Friday agreement and put a hard border on the island of Ireland. 

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There isn't one.

There are only three options with regard NI. Re-join the single market, stick with the protocol or compromise the Good Friday agreement and put a hard border on the island of Ireland. 

Option 4. Invade Ireland and bring them back into the Queen's loving embrace. What a jubilee present for her majesty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There isn't one.

I guess we have to pay to be a part of it, but we’d retain control of immigration? (over simplifying of course).

I use the phrase “control” very loosely 

Edited by Genie

It's all out in the open clear as day.

If anyone just looks at what the Tories said in the past about the Brexit deal and then compares it to the utter shit they are spouting now, every single person who believed them/supported Brexit can no longer ignore the bare facts that they were lied to and were massive suckers. It was obvious anyway, but now it's all there right under their noses.

And the Tories only ever have one schtick—bullshit the gullible. It should be over for them, but unfortunately it won't be, and that is extra depressing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm expecting Michael Spicer to be in the room next door

I’m predicting she’ll say something controversial.

EU respond with tough words.

Boris will “personally” get involved talking about the EU and Europe as friends and need to come together. We just all need to get along and hug it out.

Ultimately nothing happens as no feasible solution to any of the problems has been tabled.

Edited by Genie

7 hours ago, Genie said:

You wouldn’t have the sovereign right to use inject cows with hormones banned by the European Single Market.

The UK has no desire to do this of course, which is why the focus is on “sovereignty”. The fact that the UK is restricted even in theory is the problem for many hardline Tories. The actual day-to-day realities are less important than the principle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m predicting she’ll say something controversial -> Done

EU respond with tough words. -> Done

Boris will “personally” get involved talking about the EU and Europe as friends and need to come together. We just all need to get along and hug it out.

Ultimately nothing happens as no feasible solution to any of the problems has been tabled.

Step one and two complete. Just waiting on Boris the saviour to step in and come up with some jolly good solutions which are completely unworkable.

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Boris admitting the EU are sticking by the agreement, but enforcing it in a way he doesn’t like.

Why should the EU care?

I’d love to know which part of “certain goods need to be checked prior to their arrival in Northern Ireland” which was in the deal he signed is being misinterpreted.

F8-A2547-A-27-DB-423-F-BAFB-1-E846254805

BREXIT promises have not been delivered, according to a new poll of Express.co.uk readers.

In a poll that ran from midday on Thursday, May 12, to 11am on Monday, May 16, Express.co.uk asked: “Has the Brexit we were promised been delivered?”

Overall, 4,273 people responded with the vast majority – 94 percent (4,013 people) – answering “no”, the Brexit we were promised has not been delivered.

Just five percent (222 people) said “yes” and one percent (38 people) said they did not know either way.

Hundreds of comments were left below the accompanying article with readers sharing their views on the delivery of Brexit. 

One reader, username WestIsBest2022 said: “No, we definitely haven’t got the Brexit we voted for and were promised. But I’d still vote Leave again and again and again. 

“Most Brexit voters are annoyed by the way it is going but it doesn’t mean they have changed their minds.” 

Last 2 quotes sum up a lot of Brexit voters.

Express

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

F8-A2547-A-27-DB-423-F-BAFB-1-E846254805

Last 2 quotes sum up a lot of Brexit voters.

Express

Wish they’d asked me, I'd be in the much smaller percentage if the question was phrased that way. We got exactly what we collectively as a country voted for

• Like 1

Â