The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

On 31/12/2018 at 22:42, ml1dch said:

Other way, sure. Check everything right down to the wooden pallets and the driver's sandwiches.

Edit: my New Year's Eve 2018 was clearly a raucous affair. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How can Aaron banks not be influenced?! His Father in law works in the Russian govt / military, it’s the least conspiratorial conspiracy of all time.

I'm really not comfortable with 'someone you are related to works in the Russian government, therefore you are suspicious', and historically that has not been a progressive line of thought.

46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm really not comfortable with 'someone you are related to works in the Russian government, therefore you are suspicious', and historically that has not been a progressive line of thought.

Okay cool.

The smoke and fire method works just fine for me, personally. 

I'm not sure I quite understand the vote that happened on parliamentary oversight for Clause 17.

The house voted against giving themselves a deciding say on trade deals, is that correct?

In doing so have they accepted the sale of NHS services to American interests by removing protections against it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay cool.

The smoke and fire method works just fine for me, personally. 

Rare to see someone publicly admit to being a McCarthyite, but thanks for putting your cards on the table.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure I quite understand the vote that happened on parliamentary oversight for Clause 17.

The house voted against giving themselves a deciding say on trade deals, is that correct?

In doing so have they accepted the sale of NHS services to American interests by removing protections against it?

For all his faults, Corbyn was absolutely right that the government's plan was to allow American healthcare companies to exploit the NHS.

It's not even the first time tory MPs have voted against giving parliament a say, they'd mostly be quite happy to take their £70k a year and sit there quietly, not rocking the boat, letting Johnson and Cummings do as they please.

Some of these words removed are the ones who've been shouting from the rooftops about the importance of Parliamentary sovereignty, only to give it away to the cabinet at every opportunity. Who were the traitors, again? 

Edited by Davkaus

Talking about smoke and fire, Aaron Banks must surely now regret trying to pre-empt his appearance in the Russia report.

It's hardly the actions of someone guilt-free.

So here's the clause:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2020-07-20a.1948.0

With a section below:

2) The condition in this subsection is that no provision of that international trade agreement in any way undermines or restricts the ability of an appropriate authority—

(a) to provide a comprehensive publicly funded health service free at the point of delivery,

(b) to protect the employment rights or terms and conditions of employment for public sectoremployees and those working in publicly funded health or care sectors,

(c) to regulate and maintain the quality and safety of health or care services,

(d) to regulate and control the pricing and reimbursement systems for the purchase of medicines or medical devices, or

(e) to regulate and maintain the level of protection afforded in relation to patient data, public health data and publicly provided social care data relating to UK citizens.

And here's a list of the MP's that voted for it:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/full-list-of-mps-who-voted-against-the-nhs-being-protected-from-foreign-control-in-brexit-trade-deals/21/07/

All of them Conservatives, all of them under the watchful eye of Johnson and Cummings no doubt.

The NHS is firmly on the table in trade talks.

Why isn't this news?

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's not quite what @bannedfromHandV said, but I feel that it's frequently a line of thought used by "progressives" and indeed people from all spectrums. I do it, you do it, we all do it - "I see the wife of this Tory MP is on the board of Big PLC, that raises the suspicion that..." or whatever. It also forms the basis for "declaring an interest, for security clearances and all kinds.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

To think that even recently we were still debating whether all tories were pricks.

The argument's resolved then - some of them rebelled and voted against 😛. The evidence from the sample is that most tories are...

In an effort to cut red tape the UK is set to unveil its new standards certification system, “UKCA”, to replace the EU’s CE mark.

Thing is, if you want to sell to the EU, you’ll need both. The most Brexity story imaginable.

Â