The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not in any way trying to justify Russia's interference in this, but the American government can hardly complain about third-party countries interfering in a war in Afghanistan.

It struck me as a slightly odd complaint. Throw a dart at a map and there will be a story about varying degrees of US interference causing death and disruption. 

• Like 1

British pound becoming an emerging market currency, says BofA analyst

Brexit has permanently altered investors’ views on sterling, warns strategist

The pound is now an emerging-market currency in all but name, according to analysts at Bank of America (BofA), who say that Brexit has turned it into a mirror of the “small and shrinking” UK economy.

In the four years since the UK voted to leave the EU, trading conditions in the pound and the big swings in exchange rates make it a better match with the Mexican peso than the US dollar, said Kamal Sharma, a currency analyst at BofA. He said that movements in the currency since the June 2016 Brexit vote have become “neurotic at best, unfathomable at worst”.

Global Britain, innit. (Link)

4 minutes ago, andym said:

He could have just wrote:

“Hey Mike, just give us everything we want because we’re British, your concerns, needs  and desires are secondary, obvs.

Cheers

Frankie”

What a tool, how did we end up here guys.

• Like 1

Opening line is a corker - 'it is possible you may have heard of us'  🤣

Thought it was written by that Mark Francois parody account at first. In fact they would probably write a less ridiculous letter.

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It doesn’t get any more brexit intellectual than to start a letter with ‘I am writing to you...’

His supporters (his mate Grease-Dogg excepted) are hardly likely to have read Usage and Abusage, I suspect most of then think Lynne Truss is a politician

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Somewhere around 52% of people I’d wager....

If every Brexit voter reads that, and thinks what I posted, they're even **** stupider than I gave them credit for. :) 

32 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

throughly embarrasing

I hope Barnier read it once, laughed, then tore it in two.

I like to think he’ll have it made into novelty loo roll, the entire content written on to every sheet of paper so that Europe can wipe their arse with it every day.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I like to think he’ll have it made into novelty loo roll, the entire content written on to every sheet of paper so that Europe can wipe their arse with it every day.

It’s pretty clear the intended audience for this letter all live in Rayleigh and Wickford. It wouldn’t surprise me if Barnier didn’t actually get sent a copy himself!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s pretty clear the intended audience for this letter all live in Rayleigh and Wickford. It wouldn’t surprise me if Barnier didn’t actually get sent a copy himself!

It'd certainly be a shame if he missed the email.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â