The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Didn't David Davis used to work for Tate & Lyle, or have I dreamed that?

EDIT: No I didn't, he worked there for 17 years and was an executive when he left.

How the **** hell that word removed has held an executive level role anywhere outside of Government is absolutely baffling.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It's really quite flabbergasting.

At the end of this year, we’re going to try and do something, we don’t know what yet, but we will try something because he have to.

I think a lot of the Brexiteers like Boris and Fox didn’t think it would happen. They were positioning themselves for several years of “it would have been better out of the EU” from the sidelines without any pressure of actually having to deliver anything.

It backfired massively when leave won and their bluff got called.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think a lot of the Brexiteers like Boris and Fox didn’t think it would happen. They were positioning themselves for several years of “it would have been better out of the EU” from the sidelines without any pressure of actually having to deliver anything.

If you play the Long. long game, Brexit will essentially finish off the tories. 

they’ve smashed up two generations with austerity and now their brexit approach. They’ll have no one voting for them in 20 years 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

This is why I always had a gut feeling Brexit wouldn’t actually happen. Because it was never a good idea, and most of the people “wanting” it or campaigning for it knew that and didn’t want it anyway, they were just using it to position themselves and make themselves look good. 

I always thought that for that reason someone would eventually wise up and stop the whole thing. It would quietly get canned and we’d all move on. 

Unfortunately we’ve managed to stumble on and we’re actually going to go through with it

• Like 2

Those dreams of being out of the EU (to keep the leave voters happy) but everything pretty much being unchanged (to keep the remain voters happy) seem to be ebbing away.

Its going to be a massive **** shit show.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Those dreams of being out of the EU (to keep the leave voters happy) but everything pretty much being unchanged (to keep the remain voters happy) seem to be ebbing away.

Wasn't the second part pretty much shot in the head around March 2018? There's been nothing to ebb away since then.

On 30/08/2020 at 23:00, Genie said:

Its going to be a massive **** shit show.

And the Brexitards that gave it to us will still blame someone else.

Â