The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Your question has left some of us with even more questions.

Yep. I still don't really understand the original point that was being made. Despite myself and several others explicitly asking.

I'm sure it'll be put down as "abuse" though. Rather than polite questions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Genuine question, feel free to be as abusive as you normally are to anybody who doesn't share your view:,is there any "remainer" on here who is actually going to take advantage of the free movement, and move to live in the EU?

Have a look at my username.

I lived in the UK until I was 22.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I really can’t wait for the moment to dawn on some folk. 

Last year i arrived back from a week away to Luton airport at around 1.30am, 

You went for a week away to Luton airport? Getting prepared for the post-Brexit holiday of the future!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Genuine question, feel free to be as abusive as you normally are to anybody who doesn't share your view:,is there any "remainer" on here who is actually going to take advantage of the free movement, and move to live in the EU?

I saw a figure of 2,000,000 Brits working and living in the E.U. under freedom of movement. So quite a lot . Sad, unless you’re not one, and don’t give a ****.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 4

On 17/07/2020 at 09:13, bickster said:

But they promised we could leave the EU and still enjoy frictionless trade.  They need us more than we need them don't forget. 

Johnny foreigner talks a good fight but they will roll over and do what we want in the end. 

You worry too much, we will end up with all of the benefits and none of the costs. 

I'm sure it will work out in the end. 

And even if it doesn't we will all get mega rich from trading with new partners.  

And don't forget at least we will all have a personal doctor each too. 

This Is Fine GIF

Noticed a story the other day about the UK recruiting hundreds of new customs officials.   Some other reports suggest up to 50,000 extra people will be needed.  I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between, but it's going to be a big number. 

How much does that eat into the membership costs? And that is just one single area where extra costs will be added. 

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Noticed a story the other day about the UK recruiting hundreds of new customs officials.   Some other reports suggest up to 50,000 extra people will be needed.  I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between, but it's going to be a big number. 

How much does that eat into the membership costs? And that is just one single area where extra costs will be added. 

Sounds like an awful lot of red tape, doesn't it? Doubtless there'll be a few unelected bureaucrats in there for good measure. 

We're woefully unprepared for Brexit, no preparation in some cases. 

I think they're going to crash the country, then see what they can get out of Europe as the general populace takes the brunt.

external-content.duckduckgo-1.jpg.54adba1240d361d7f4c23d04f4fee578.jpg

Oh, and Boris has told the Civil Service he wants Covid off his desk next month.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Very Trump. Utter arse.

And the media, and I suspect the public, will let him get away with this "Captain hindsight" rhetoric, as if people weren't telling him in real time that everything he was doing was grossly negligent.

Nobody knew in march you shouldn't be patrolling hospitals shaking hands. Nobody could have foreseen until this week that people ought to wear masks. In a just world, there'd already be a public inquiry underway.

• Like 3

In a just world, people would have resigned. The burden of their failure would weigh too heavily on them, and they would admit that they had failed and that tens of thousands had died as a result. By any plausible metric, the UK response to coronavirus was one of the worst in the world. Between March and June, 65,000 excess deaths were recorded - 1 in 1000 of the population. Imagine presiding over that, and not resigning in disgrace.

(Here is the same argument made with equal force re New York):

Aaron Banks is concerned he might be mentioned in the Russia report for some reason.

The letter said: “Mr Banks has not received any invitation to give evidence and/or to respond to any allegations which may be advanced against him in the Russia report.

“Please provide us with immediate notification of any statements made within the Russia Report which refer to Mr Banks.

“Given the subject matter of the Russia Report and the matters which are currently live in litigation in the courts, it would obviously be necessary, fair and just for him to have advance notice if any statements were to be made about him and that he was given a proper opportunity to deal with them prior to publication.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/arron-banks-russia-report-1-6753893

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Aaron Banks is concerned he might be mentioned in the Russia report for some reason.

Bit weird that he thinks he might be really. 

I mean, I've not needed to request advance warning on whether I'm mentioned in connection with treacherous activity and colluding with foreign powers trying to damage the country.

Wonder why he does.

• Like 2

Â