The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

You'd welcome them then Enda?

Northern Ireland is a completely fabricated, gerrymandered state, born out of sectarianism. It is two-thirds of one-quarter of a small island. That bloody border. Brits (no offence pal) have no idea the harm that border has caused. Innocent people, Protestant and Catholic and Other, murdered because of that border. And we’ve only made it right in the past twenty years. So please don’t screw it up again with Brexit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Genuine question, feel free to be as abusive as you normally are to anybody who doesn't share your view:,is there any "remainer" on here who is actually going to take advantage of the free movement, and move to live in the EU?

I've been taking advantage of it every time I go on holiday within the EU. My daughter who has a very good degree in French has had to find work in the UK which is not what she wanted to do

What do you actually think we've gained by ending it?

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Holidays have got nothing to do with freedom of movement

Yes they have, just wait and see. Wait until you see the queues for non-EU Passports at Passport Control, Leaving the EU also means we no longer have access to EU medical facilities, we are no longer entitled to our EU health cards and the benefits it carried. Stating that holdays have nothing to do with FoM is just ill informed opinion. You are demonstrably wrong

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

and i presume your daughter has got a job over here because the job opportunities are better over here

No the job opportunities are not better "over here", she would be earning 50% more in an EU country but guess what, they aren't hiring UK nationals anywhere near as much because they have to prove the case of needing to emply that person over an EU Citizen. So no, you're actually talking crap

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Genuine question, feel free to be as abusive as you normally are to anybody who doesn't share your view:,is there any "remainer" on here who is actually going to take advantage of the free movement, and move to live in the EU?

I moved to Sweden at the end of last year on my British passport and I can confirm there are truckloads of Brits living here 🤣 Swedish universities also offer free degrees in English for EU nationals so a lot of English kids are here in the universities getting their degree without the usual student debt.  

I also know a couple of the guys on this forum have moved to Germany and Poland in recent years.

There are thousands of Brits living in the south of France and Spain using freedom of movement as well.

It’s been a pretty popular right that Brits had which is now been lost unfortunately. 

So we wouldn't be entitled to any medical treatment in the EU then?

Medical/Travel Insurance?

I'm not privvy to your daughters offers, but i think the current economic impact from covid is giving many employers the opportunity to reduce staff intakes.

10 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

So we wouldn't be entitled to any medical treatment in the EU then?

Medical/Travel Insurance?

Jesus wept, do you not know what you've denied yourself access to?

If you have an accident or become ill while you're on holiday, you can get reduced-cost or free state-provided medical care in Europe thanks to the EHIC

EHIC

Do you thinl losing that free healthcare will have a positive or negative effect on your health insurance?

13 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I'm not privvy to your daughters offers, but i think the current economic impact from covid is giving many employers the opportunity to reduce staff intakes.

I really don't think you predicted the effects of a worldwide pandemic on the jobs market when you voted. I also fail to see its relevance here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

If you want to move abroad , you still can,

lets see if you understand this...

You can, IF, that country will allow you to

Before, you had that as a right

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Its not going to be lost though is it.

If you want to move abroad , you still can, if you are offered a job abroad, you can still go, it might be slightly more difficult, not that difficult tbh, but they still can.

I moved without a job and have now found one since moving here. 

It will be more difficult for retirees looking to retire abroad. They used to get heath coverage but now will have to find private health insurance which can get very expensive when you get to retirement age. 

Students are the worst hit. They will be treated as 3rd country nationals and have to pay full international fees to study abroad. 

Edited by LondonLax

17 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

If you want to move abroad , you still can, if you are offered a job abroad, you can still go, it might be slightly more difficult, not that difficult tbh, but they still can.

People may be able to go (depending upon the arrangements put in place in a particular country) but they won't have the right to.

UK nationals will be third country nationals.

• Like 2

I really can’t wait for the moment to dawn on some folk. 

Last year i arrived back from a week away to Luton airport at around 1.30am, we obviously walked straight through passport control but a plane had arrived also from I assume Israel (a lot of orthodox folk about with the outfits on), anyway, they were in a queue stretching god knows how long being served by what looked like one single person, looked horrific.

Now obvs we’ll never have that issue coming back into the UK, but going out may be another story. 

I’m convinced now more than ever so many people really didn’t have a clue what they’ve been voting for over the past 5 or so years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Why should people respond to you in good faith, if you started your post with ad hominem?

For the record, I moved abroad within the EU before the vote. 

Â