Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Feel kind of sorry for the OTD74 organisers, but your efforts were from the heart and should be applauded. Of course, if the end result is a more concerted, if different, demonstration of how everyone feels, then it can be deemed a great success.

Whistles, tennis balls, beach balls, banners, paper planes, white hankies or just a cacophany of anti-board noise......I hope they get the lot!!

Feel kind of sorry for the OTD74 organisers, but your efforts were from the heart and should be applauded. Of course, if the end result is a more concerted, if different, demonstration of how everyone feels, then it can be deemed a great success.

Whistles, tennis balls, beach balls, banners, paper planes, white hankies or just a cacophany of anti-board noise......I hope they get the lot!!

A few hundred proud history scarves thrown onto the pitch at 74 minutes would make an impact.

• Like 1

This will hurt Lerner a thousand times more than walking out on 74 will ever do. He can nullify the walk out protest by simply believing fans are not aware of the positive things going on behind the scenes - and I still do believe good things are at last starting to happen - but this is direct conflict with the fans of the club and he can only come out looking the bad guy on this one.

Maybe he is not the guy behind the clampdown in which case he is going to shoot somebody for sure but if he is, booom ..... you just made one very big mistake pal !

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

First they came for those who confronted them , and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a confrontationalist

Then they came for the Banner Brigade, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Banner Holder

Then they came for the chanters, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a chanter,

They came for Alex McLeish and I think I’m right in saying I applauded
They came for the flag wavers, but I wasn’t a flag waver so I did nothing
They came for Tom Fox, I said he’s over there, in the boardroom

Turn a blind eye, sometimes it’s best to turn a blind eye..

-------------

In terms of the protests, like many others I think the actions of the club and the stewards are just wrong, and I hope that their stupidity does re-kindle OTDO74

Have you considered trying to interview that ktvilla lady? If she would agree to being interviewed it would be a very powerful message. Of course, it would be even more powerful if she agreed to a video interview, but maybe that's ambitious. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think anything can out flank the losing of £250 million.....in terms of hurt.

True, but the intention is not to outflank it, just to add to it.

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have you considered trying to interview that ktvilla lady? If she would agree to being interviewed it would be a very powerful message. Of course, it would be even more powerful if she agreed to a video interview, but maybe that's ambitious. 

Am on it.

• Like 1

I'm not sure banners is the right way to go. The stewards are obviously told to prevent them and tbf, at the start... they are just doing their job requesting the banner. Only when supporters refuse to comply does it become a bit messy.

My issue with the banners is are we facilitating a situation where we are putting people in danger? If scuffles break out, then people can get hurt and it suddenly becomes the far from the peaceful protest people are promoting. 

Do we really want young children seeing scenes like the one yesterday? Maybe we don't like the rules but there are rules with banners clearly and had the supporters taken the opportunity to stop when asked then the ugly scene wouldn't have occurred.

Gutted, missed the WM interview/discussion so if it could be posted it would be greatly appreciated!  An idea I had today and not meaning copy/steal if already suggested but what if every supporter going into the Chelsea game was given a balloon to blow up with say "Lerner Out" written on it and then just before the 74th minute, let it go and walk out? Thousands of balloons all over the stands/pitch etc would be a strong message.  Just an idea anyway and fully realise that there would be a cost implication in doing this.  Can't make the Chelsea/Bournemouth games unfortunately as on holiday but keep up the great work guys!  For the amount of time left that I am attending this season, I am fully behind the protest group etc and truly believe that if you keep going, it will make a difference.  

Edited by ferguson1

3 hours ago, Risso said:

That beach ball protest looked effective though.  Very simple, but visually effective and held the game up for a bit.

As satisfying as it might be at the time, I think it'd be a huge mistake to do anything to interfere with a match.

The moment you hold up play, it becomes a hugely controversial action, and we'll quickly lose popular support in the press, which will discourage other fans from supporting future protests.

I also can't help but think that senior figures at the club would absolutely love an opportunity to kick out and ban people speaking out against them.

Ignore boardroom politics and it'll work. That includes the 'Lerner out' sentiment. I know many will scoff at this, but hear me out.

Because despite being a car crash I don't care that much who is in charge. So long as football is fun and the club acts with integrity, I'm happy.

At the moment it isn't fun. I don't expect Europe, titles of a cup. I'm happy with being an outside bet, a dark horse. But at the moment we're uncompetitive and the fans are being mistreated in the stands. That has to stop, the club won't succeed until it does.

I suggest a "We shall not be moved" protest. A single message on the banners and in full voice from the fans. That chant is already part of our DNA and its a positive, defiant message.

A message to the club hierarchy and a message to the world. We will stick with you through thick and thin, we will defiantly support our team and to the wider world, we'll be back. And we're proud.

Proud of our history. Proud in our colours and in our badge and proud in our support.

But not proud of the team or the behaviour of our club.

We shall not be moved until our pride is restored.

#Lions

(This post is inspired by Braveheart)

Anyone remember being at that Liverpool game in the Houllier season? Last game of the season, and we actually beat them 1-0.

But the overriding memory was basically the whole crowd, for the last 15-20 minutes, not giving one flying **** about what was going on on the pitch. Everyone was chanting and celebrating about Blues going down.

I know that's a bit small time, but it was hilarious at the time.

That's what I have in my head for the Chelsea game. Bedlam in the stands, but none of it to do with what is happening on the pitch (assuming we are inevitably losing by at least 2 clear goals). I think the ideas the OTD crew are mooting here will go a long way to creating that sort of atmosphere. Nothing nasty as such, just unified chanting and partying, with nobody paying much attention to the football.

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Anyone remember being at that Liverpool game in the Houllier season? Last game of the season, and we actually beat them 1-0.

But the overriding memory was basically the whole crowd, for the last 15-20 minutes, not giving one flying **** about what was going on on the pitch. Everyone was chanting and celebrating about Blues going down.

I know that's a bit small time, but it was hilarious at the time.

That's what I have in my head for the Chelsea game. Bedlam in the stands, but none of it to do with what is happening on the pitch (assuming we are inevitably losing by at least 2 clear goals). I think the ideas the OTD crew are mooting here will go a long way to creating that sort of atmosphere. Nothing nasty as such, just unified chanting and partying, with nobody paying much attention to the football.

I think this would be the best policy. Forget the game. Make the day like an away game constant noise throughout with all anti Lerner songs and others showing our support for our club. All those fans who said they'd go the game to walk out how about going and making a racket? We will be on live TV so it'll be an ideal game to show how good we are and how badly run our club is. 

Â