Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

40 minutes ago, YLN said:

I don't know what BACAI is, but I do like the word dolchstosslegende, so thank you for that. I hope to use it at some point in the future.

I don't think it's a conspiracy per se. It's just I believe that a meeting happened. There was too much attention brought to the campaign by Sky Sports, the Birmingham Mail etc, for someone from the club not to get in touch. You don't think the club notices when SSN are running an interview with Mark calling for a widespread protest? You don't think they themselves might want to get in touch with Mark as well, before a game that's going to be on television in front of millions of people. A game that could be a source of embarrassment for the owner of the club in a sports broadcast beamed all over the world. That's why the banners weren't allowed in. Because this game was on Sky. 

How many people watched the pictures from the Spurs match today? And I don't mean just on Sky. The same pictures get beamed to audiences and networks worldwide.  It costs $5 million for a 30 second Super Bowl ad. You don't think that the TV cameras panning to people streaming out of the ground in response to Lerner being an incompetent twit is a big deal? The pictures of fans leaving the stadium that will go all around the world. Always the same pictures. With the name 'Randy Lerner' said in all sorts of strange accents, but the message always being the same. 'Incompetent'. You don't think that warrants at least phone call to try and prevent it? 

I think at this point it's best for me to leave the conversation. I think we're more or less at an impasse. Though obviously the fact that the game wasn't on Sky is a bit awkward for your theory, but hey, what do I know. All I can say is what I've said before, which is that I think you owe it to the people who created this protest out of nothing through their own hard work to at least start from the assumption that they're not busy betraying you when you're not watching them. However, we're just restating points so best to leave it there maybe. 

Oh, and BACAI = 'being a **** about it' :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The question which needs answering is whether the organisers of the protest were contacted by representatives, acting for or on behalf of Aston Villa Football Club, and asked to postpone the protest. 

Apparently there's a picture floating around of me and Tom Fox together, naked. I think he's ticking my belly in it. Or Mark and Fox, depending on which post you read. 

If anyone gets a holds of said picture I want it for my wall. Ta. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Apparently there's a picture floating around of me and Tom Fox together, naked. I think he's ticking my belly in it. Or Mark and Fox, depending on which post you read. 

That just seems like you are dodging the question. 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Thanks god the one of me and Fox didn't get leaked, phew! 

An outrageous statement from him. I've put a lot of time into this, and a lot of money too. I have done so because I believe in our club and want to fight for it. For somebody to make a claim like that is sickening. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Rubbish rubbish rubbish . If you want to support a rudderless club carry on I don't !,, Learner dosnt give a sh@&t . So let's all sit back and enjoy the road eh !  

I have no idea what you are talking about.  It is even more clear you have no idea what I am talking about.  Pathetic.

Just now, StanBalaban said:

Welcome to Villa Park!

CddKfmEWwAE1yI6.jpg

:D

I was going to say that plane would be in danger of being shot down but then I considered the club's ability to hit a stationary target, let alone a moving one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

People say ‘Charlton know how to protest’ but one of the reasons they can pull something like that off is the fans clearly lined-up behind the leaders at the front; they did not sit on the sides shouting, “f**k this this apathetic march shit”, or “I’m out”, or “this won’t make any difference”.  The collective goal came before any individual interests and they made their voices heard.  As a group we could do that better IMO.  If there is a desire to protest we need more cooperation.  People all have different ideas, different views, different egos, different axes to grind!  This is great for debates, but if individuals keep putting their interests and preferences above everything else we will get nowhere because we’ll end up sabotaging any effort to organize anything.  To make a protest movement work – OTD74 or anything else – I think fans must be willing to put aside their individual preferences occasionally for the greater good. If this thread, and OTD74, has taught us anything it is that we will NEVER debate or argue our way to agreement regarding what a particular protest should be or look like. It is probably impossible. The only answer is to occasionally put our egos to the side to unite behind a consensus or whatever gets traction. OTD74 was a decent enough idea. Yes, there may have been better ones, but this one had traction.  But was it really backed?  Not really. How many thousands sat in their seats, or mocked or criticised, or declared others delusional?  So the inevitable happens. We shoot ourselves in the foot again because individual differences and what looks like 'point-scoring' works against collective action and Tom Fox and co get what they want. Just imagine for a minute if every single fan walked out on 74 against Chelsea – not one villa fan remains in VP.  That would have a massive impact and it would be all over the news.  But it will not happen because too many prefer to do nothing or score points by ignoring/attacking/sabotaging any effort they don't agree with. For what it is worth, I will back any protest that gets traction.  Not because it has no flaws or because it is guaranteed to work.  I will back it because going with the consensus is the ONLY way to fight back and make an impact. It is a cliché but we have strength in numbers.  We need to harness that.  Work out what ‘most’ people want and then unite behind it for the good of our club.

Good post.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

**** you bitches. Just spent my bribe money from Fox on my new ride.

9913808955_8558869ae7_z.jpg

No worries, you can always claim the picture was accidental 

• Like 2

Yet another reminder. This thread is for discussion of the #OTDO74 protest ONLY. Other protest ideas / suggestions / etc do not go in this thread, post them in another thread.

Â