Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

To get this going again, as I hope you will. I am certain the best way got get people on board is to get the disgraceful scenes at Villa part out to every possible outlet.

The girl and her father being thrown out by Fox's henchmen, the Lerner out and OTDO74 banners confiscated and the latest video of the stewards wrestling the Get the Fox out banner from the fans. 

All of these stories makes my blood boil, as it should ever Villa fan.

Use these images to rile people on and they will follow you out on 74 against Chelsea

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

To get this going again, as I hope you will. I am certain the best way got get people on board is to get the disgraceful scenes at Villa part out to every possible outlet.

The girl and her father being thrown out by Fox's henchmen, the Lerner out and OTDO74 banners confiscated and the latest video of the stewards wrestling the Get the Fox out banner from the fans. 

All of these stories makes my blood boil, as it should ever Villa fan.

Use these images to rile people on and they will follow you out on 74 against Chelsea

If you can help in any way by providing links and whatever other material you find along the way it would be much appreciated. 

Top man. Let's ride again. 

• Like 1

A quick search fund this

Things turned ugly in the stands as supporters tried to protest against Randy Lerner and the Villa Park hierarchy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watch-aston-villa-fan-holding-7551834

Kicked out and st taken off me with my81 year old father for telling fox that 'football is nothing without the fans'

https://twitter.com/ktvilla92/status/698896145439924224

And this article 

ASTON VILLA have been accused of banning any supporters who dare to criticise the way the club is being run.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6942208/Aston-Villa-accused-of-banning-supporters-who-dare-to-criticise-CEO-Tom-Fox.html

Nothing new I guess, but I'm sure we'll be able to find more and possibly get people so publish more stuff that is as of yet unseen

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sne said:

A quick search fund this

Things turned ugly in the stands as supporters tried to protest against Randy Lerner and the Villa Park hierarchy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watch-aston-villa-fan-holding-7551834

Kicked out and st taken off me with my81 year old father for telling fox that 'football is nothing without the fans'

https://twitter.com/ktvilla92/status/698896145439924224

And this article 

ASTON VILLA have been accused of banning any supporters who dare to criticise the way the club is being run.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6942208/Aston-Villa-accused-of-banning-supporters-who-dare-to-criticise-CEO-Tom-Fox.html

Nothing new I guess, but I'm sure we'll be able to find more and possibly get people so publish more stuff that is as of yet unseen

Brilliant mate. Keep it up. Always a massive help. 

That's the narrative in my opinion. The club are trying to straitjacket fans, forbid them from any show of dissent. It's a good story and the media will love it. And to be honest, there is nothing that makes me want to protest more than being told I can't protest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didiersix said:

That's the narrative in my opinion. The club are trying to straitjacket fans, forbid them from any show of dissent. It's a good story and the media will love it. And to be honest, there is nothing that makes me want to protest more than being told I can't protest. 

We can find NOTHING in the clubs rules prohibiting people from displaying messages however they see fit, as long as they are within the law and inoffensive. As in no swears. 

I don't remember the stewards behaving like this when we were trying to get Doug out.

Is this the agency staff that have replaced half of the sacked stewards?

Because, you know, nothing screams "this is an awesome club" to tourists and away fans more than a club with absolutely no staff that actually support the club they work at.

Good response and a much better article.  Lessons learned, time to move on.  Well done all.

That beach ball protest looked effective though.  Very simple, but visually effective and held the game up for a bit.

• Like 3

Great response in that article lads. Really reflects will on you who are organising it and goes along way to getting myself and others back on board. Really well written. I even think that the article coupled with the clubs/stewards behaviour if anything has made you look better following the postponement.

Get back on it! It's clear now more than ever. No more taking the foot off the gas. No more postponements. It's clear what the club thinks of the fans.

Mike, why have you left the group? Will they still be able to get the same kind of exposure as around the Everton match without you? As long as you know that no one who cares about OtDo'74 ever doubted your hard work or belief.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Great response in that article lads. Really reflects will on you who are organising it and goes along way to getting myself and others back on board. Really well written. I even think that the article coupled with the clubs/stewards behaviour if anything has made you look better following the postponement.

Get back on it! It's clear now more than ever. No more taking the color off the gas. No more postponements. It's clear what the club think of the fans.

Mike, why have you left the group? Will they still be able to get the same kind of exposure as around the Everton match workout you? As long as you know that no one who cares about OtDo'74 ever doubted your hard work or belief.

We learned our lesson Ingram, the hard way. Respect at this club has clearly been a one way thing for far too long. I know one of the lads who was involved in the banner struggle through the protest movement. Everyone suffered yesterday no one less than those guys, our fellow supporters, this CANNOT go on. It's that simple. 

Thanks for your support bud. 

• Like 1

Â