Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

10 hours ago, Uppernorthstander said:

This maybe a silly question.... But is there a chance of getting thrown out? Me and my 12 year old want to bring a banner(yes I have talked him into it lol) but we were at the Tottenham game and I'm pretty sure three guys got thrown out in the lower north for having one? Don't want that to happen if I'm with the little one. 

Im uppernorthstand front row so will drape it over on74! 

Well banners that aren’t  "Abusive, offensive, racist or obscene” should be fine. The lads that were thrown out though didn’t have anything that met any of those.

I think the club would be stupid now to come down heavy on supporters and I don’t think they will. They will be fully aware that supporters are going to bring banners and we intend to mount the pressure on them and paint them as a dictatorship beforehand. If they want to live up to that then more fool them. I don’t think they will so as long as the banner you intend to bring is not "Abusive, offensive, racist or obscene”, which I am sure it won’t be, then you will be fine.

• Like 1

Just a thought... but if I were Hollis, or Little, or Bernstein, or even Remi, I would think carefully about a "banner" and display it with you.   Not sure what, something like.  "Villa Fans Deserve Better"  or even Up the Villa, or Villa til I die, or even "back in PL in 2017"   or even  " Don't give up the fight"  I would do it.  Can you imagine how many fans would be immediately on-side if the club, rather than removing banners somehow said... "Yep, we should never be a last placed club, you deserve better.  Change is coming."

I know it would be greeted with cynicism... but the message from the Board this summer needs to be "the decline stops here."   Why not start that message a few weeks early.

42 minutes ago, Risso said:

"Westwood, Bacuna, prepared to venture down the right. There's a terrible ball in for Rudy Gestede. Oh, it's gone wide. It's a throw in."

(I just stuck it on H&V but thought I'd post it here as well.)

Cannot give enough likes for this!

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I know the jokes came out after Almstadt, but this is still on right? Even after Fox walking?

The fact theyve got rid of kox but got krulak in is just as much an insult. Even if it is officially cancelled I imagine most fans have pushed so far past the edge it would still happen anyway. 

large.jpg

So Fox and Almstadt have gone. Changes are afoot isn't it about time we united and supported OUR club? We can't do anything about Lerner unless someone on here has £100m+ but one thing is for sure any potential owners will prefer to see a full Villa Park supporting a club that's in the crap than a half empty stadium with bed sheets saying Lerner Out. We need momentum and a united fan base going into next season to have any sort of chance of coming back up and if we don't we really will be in a lot of trouble!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

This protest is definitely on. This goes way beyond the changes to the board now. Banners out on 74 is all about the fact that we will be heard, we will be seen. Aston Villa is our club and we must be able to let our feelings be known and banners out on 74 is going to leave the club in no doubt as to that.

What are you protesting? What will the banners say? Where is there a sale on bed sheets? Will it be like the darts where you just write random stuff as its on the TV? 

The weakness in all these protests to me is that they lacked unambiguous purpose - they have always looked like vague "we're pissed off" type protests. For me, by all means carry on with the banner protest (if only to upset the stewards) but have ONE clear message that at least recognises and maybe even supports the changes now being made. "We want OUR Villa back" would be the one message that I think stands up as capturing the mood AND encourages momentum in the backroom clear out. 

11 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

What are you protesting? What will the banners say? Where is there a sale on bed sheets? Will it be like the darts where you just write random stuff as its on the TV? 

Firstly we are protesting for the right to protest. A handful of supporters were man handled from the stands for holding up banners stating Lerner Out and Fox Out. Seems the second one worked by the way ;). The banners contained nothing "Abusive, offensive, racist or obscene" as per the clubs guidelines on banners.

Supporters have a right to make their feelings known especially during such dire times. This is our football club. Aston Villa is not a dictatorship.

As for the message on the banners that is up to the individual supporters. We are not going to tell people what to write. All we advise is that any message is not "Abusive, offensive, racist or obscene".

It won't need to be bed sheets. It can be t shirts, towels, a4 sheets of paper, placards. Whatever supporters want to use.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Fox, Almstadt, Reilly et al were only ever part of the problem. In my opinion until Lerner is gone the club will struggle to rise from the ashes.

To quote H G Wells:

"Leaders should lead as far as they can and then vanish. Their ashes should not choke the fire they have lit."

Leaders should lead as far as they can and then vanish. Their ashes should not choke the fire they have lit.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/ashes.html

To date all that Hollis has done is cut out the rot. The difficult part is making the club grow again. Getting rid of the wrong people is a start but......

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Firstly we are protesting for the right to protest. A handful of supporters were man handled from the stands for holding up banners stating Lerner Out and Fox Out. Seems the second one worked by the way ;). The banners contained nothing "Abusive, offensive, racist or obscene" as per the clubs guidelines on banners.

Supporters have a right to make their feelings known especially during such dire times. This is our football club. Aston Villa is not a dictatorship.

As for the message on the banners that is up to the individual supporters. We are not going to tell people what to write. All we advise is that any message is not "Abusive, offensive, racist or obscene".

It won't need to be bed sheets. It can be t shirts, towels, a4 sheets of paper, placards. Whatever supporters want to use.

Can I protest that I think your protest about not being able to protest is stupid??? 

• Like 1

We still have an owner who doesn't want to be here but isn't - as far as we know - an active seller. The club is still hurtling in the wrong direction. General Krulak is back on board and now has more sway than before. The club still don't want to listen or accept any dissent from fans. We have players who care about the name on the back of the shirt and do not give any thought to the badge on the front. 

In short, there is still a lot to sort out.

1 minute ago, Didiersix said:

We still have an owner who doesn't want to be here but isn't - as far as we know - an active seller. The club is still hurtling in the wrong direction. General Krulak is back on board and now has more sway than before. The club still don't want to listen or accept any dissent from fans. We have players who care about the name on the back of the shirt and do not give any thought to the badge on the front. 

In short, there is still a lot to sort out.

This should speak volumes - bringing Krulak in as full director is bollox and illustrates that Lerner still hasn't got a ******* clue

• Like 1

These protests have a very positive intent as well. Some initial steps are being taken but they have a long long way to go and the BIG issue will be investment over the summer.  We have been utterly disastrous on so many levels for years and it is about time we all stood up and sent a loud message that we've had enough. Doing that we put a bit more pressure on our board (and hopefully Lerner).  To me that is positive action and that is supporting our CLUB.  As people have said, we still have a disengaged owner and that is a big problem.  He needs to invest or become a motivated seller or we are doomed. 

• Like 1

Â