Keinan Davis

a-k

I think we have to remember the standard of the opposition he is currently facing is far inferior to that of the Premier League.... Buuuuut.. that doesn't change the fact that he's playing very well, confident, strong, shows good feet, links up play ETC - He has always had this in his locker and I agree with some of the other posters that I would rather him leading the line than any of our strikers at the moment.

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Forest are playing really well, but i dont see them in the auto's, too much ground to make up.

8 points behind second, both Bournemouth & Forest have played 38 games, 8 games left, i dont see an 8/9 point swing in 8 games, unfortunately.

They could feasibly be on for third though, although tbh....whats the real difference between 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th in the end.

Same number of games played, but Forest with the kinder run-in.

Bournemouth have:
Sheff Utd (A - 6th), Middlesbrough (H - 7th), Coventry (A), Fulham (H - 1st), Swansea (A), Blackburn (A - 8th), Forest (H - 5th), Millwall (H)

Forest have:
Birmingham (H), Luton (A - 4th), West Brom (H), Peterborough (A), Fulham (A - 1st), Swansea (H), Bournemouth (A - 2nd), Hull (A)

Forest also just absolutely flying at the moment.  They've taken 6 more points than Bournemouth over the last 6 games - scoring 16 and conceding 3.  If that ratio keeps up then their game against each other could well be a decider in who gets automatic promotion.  

Also, Davis with a big hand in their first goal too.  Gets the ball, holds off a defender and plays a great ball through to Colback (who crosses and Johnson scores from (eventually)).

2 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I think we have to remember the standard of the opposition he is currently facing is far inferior to that of the Premier League.... Buuuuut.. that doesn't change the fact that he's playing very well, confident, strong, shows good feet, links up play ETC - He has always had this in his locker and I agree with some of the other posters that I would rather him leading the line than any of our strikers at the moment.

Yes - but look at the players in the England squad who did a season or 2 in the Championship.
Yes - they quality isn't the same, but I would argue that top of the Championship and lower end of the Prem isn't a massive jump.

• Like 1

We've always had 2 issues with Keinan - injuries and goals contributions.

I don't think he'll ever be prolific, he's not that type of player, and is probably too old now to develop a lot more, but he does contribute when on the pitch - just perhaps not enough for where we want to be.

There are certain players who struggle when not match-fit and to stay that way, need to play. He's never had a run in a team - but now he has, he is fit and consistent. The problem is, I suspect he'll never get that here - so I just hope he makes the most of this, and gets the move he deserves.

And we get the cash we want to upgrade in other areas. 

4 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Yes - but look at the players in the England squad who did a season or 2 in the Championship.
Yes - they quality isn't the same, but I would argue that top of the Championship and lower end of the Prem isn't a massive jump.

I think defending in the Prem is a marked difference to the Championship, particularly, the organisation of defence.....but your point is valid imo

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

We've always had 2 issues with Keinan - injuries and goals contributions.

I don't think he'll ever be prolific, he's not that type of player, and is probably too old now to develop a lot more, but he does contribute when on the pitch - just perhaps not enough for where we want to be.

There are certain players who struggle when not match-fit and to stay that way, need to play. He's never had a run in a team - but now he has, he is fit and consistent. The problem is, I suspect he'll never get that here - so I just hope he makes the most of this, and gets the move he deserves.

And we get the cash we want to upgrade in other areas. 

A Striker in the top league has to be many things.....but one stands out, you have to be sharp, sharp in reacting, sharp in thought....to out wit top defenders, you have to be special.

30 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Oh I agree there's not a massive jump from top half Championship to bottom half Prem - But you can't argue it's a much tougher ask when you are coming up against the likes of Van Dijk, Dias, Laporte, Rudiger ETC.

The only defender I have heard of in last nights Cov team was Jake Bidwell !😅

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think defending in the Prem is a marked difference to the Championship, particularly, the organisation of defence.....but your point is valid imo

I agree.

• Like 1

IMO it will be similar to us and Mings. 

Bournemouth had him as little used squad player and couldn't believe their luck when he became massive hit for us so over a few months he probably went from 10m value to us paying 25m.

Davis is obviously integral to how they're playing and fair play to him he's finally gone out on loan and proven himself (should've happened two years ago but never mind).

Yeah he could come back but why would he to get 10-15 cameos off the bench when he's starting every week now and loved by their fanbase. And they could easily get promoted with the form they're in.

That happens we can demand 10m + for someone we'd have probably only been able to sell for 3-4m in January as Forest will obviously need him more than us.

It's the right time for both parties to move him on, you just get that with players sometimes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

They have only lost one game in which he has started for them and that was against Liverpool.

They've scored 20 and conceded just 4 in all competitions when he's on the pitch for them. 3 of these matches came against premier league opposition too.

Edit: To add to this, it is genuinely perplexing to me how little the team concedes whilst Davis is on the pitch. At Forest, the team is conceding goals at a signifcantly less rate when he is on the pitch compared to any other player. This was true whilst he was with us too.

Last season, the team scored 5 goals and only conceded 1 whilst he was on the pitch. The season before, our run post-lockdown which saved us from relegation was notable for how defensively solid we had become and it's perhaps not coincidental that this was a time when Davis got the most game time.

Taking the seasons one by one, you could argue these are spurious correlations due to a small sample size. But when the trend starts holding across several seasons, across 2 different clubs and 2 different leagues, it starts to hold more weight. I'm at a loss to explain it though.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 06/04/2022 at 21:13, Brumstopdogs said:

Assist by the big man..

Look he may have turned on a dime with the ball under full control, physically held off the defender and set his partner clear with a perfect pass, but he's shit. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

Same number of games played, but Forest with the kinder run-in.

Bournemouth have:
Sheff Utd (A - 6th), Middlesbrough (H - 7th), Coventry (A), Fulham (H - 1st), Swansea (A), Blackburn (A - 8th), Forest (H - 5th), Millwall (H)

Forest have:
Birmingham (H), Luton (A - 4th), West Brom (H), Peterborough (A), Fulham (A - 1st), Swansea (H), Bournemouth (A - 2nd), Hull (A)

Forest also just absolutely flying at the moment.  They've taken 6 more points than Bournemouth over the last 6 games - scoring 16 and conceding 3.  If that ratio keeps up then their game against each other could well be a decider in who gets automatic promotion.  

Be nice if he can smash Blues into next week. 

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

They've scored 20 and conceded just 4 in all competitions when he's on the pitch for them. 3 of these matches came against premier league opposition too.

Edit: To add to this, it is genuinely perplexing to me how little the team concedes whilst Davis is on the pitch. At Forest, the team is conceding goals at a signifcantly less rate when he is on the pitch compared to any other player. This was true whilst he was with us too.

Last season, the team scored 5 goals and only conceded 1 whilst he was on the pitch. The season before, our run post-lockdown which saved us from relegation was notable for how defensively solid we had become and it's perhaps not coincidental that this was a time when Davis got the most game time.

Taking the seasons one by one, you could argue these are spurious correlations due to a small sample size. But when the trend starts holding across several seasons, across 2 different clubs and 2 different leagues, it starts to hold more weight. I'm at a loss to explain it though.

It's actually very easy to explain. 

THE BALL STICKS UP TOP. 

When that happens the whole game dynamic changes. 

It's one of the reasons why people who claim strikers should purely be judged on goals are wrong. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Â