Keinan Davis

a-k

I'm delighted he's happy at Forest, but if he was at Villa at the mo, he'd be starting every game for the remainder of this season for me, prove what he can do. And I have a feeling he wouldn't disappoint.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's at the age now where he should be given a chance or sold, I suspect it will be the latter due to the forwards coming through that are younger than him.  

Just Archer? I think not giving Davis a proper crack at the PL (not playing in a relegation threatened side low on confidence) would be criminal.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Just Archer? I think not giving Davis a proper crack at the PL (not playing in a relegation threatened side low on confidence) would be criminal.

Mainly Archer, but Barry and Young as well.  The problem is we (mostly) play with 1 striker, and Watkins and Ings are always going to be ahead of Davis.  Unless we consistently play with 2 strikers, he won't get playing much.  Saying that 5 subs next season, so you never know.

43 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

We weren’t in a relegation battle last season but even when Ollie needed a rest second half of the season he didn’t play him, even when me, a big critic, thought he should start.  

Davis was the only alternative to Ollie and he got very few minutes and then this season Gerrard has sent him out on loan and not given himself time to up close assess him.  

He’s not PL quality and he doesn’t scores goals, he’s found a place where he can contribute and we can get a nice fee.  

If we turn back to Davis we are going backwards, he’s never been good enough when he’s been here and he’s not a spring chicken…time for him to go and good luck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We weren’t in a relegation battle last season but even when Ollie needed a rest second half of the season he didn’t play him, even when me, a big critic, thought he should start.  

Davis was the only alternative to Ollie and he got very few minutes and then this season Gerrard has sent him out on loan and not given himself time to up close assess him.  

He’s not PL quality and he doesn’t scores goals, he’s found a place where he can contribute and we can get a nice fee.  

If we turn back to Davis we are going backwards, he’s never been good enough when he’s been here and he’s not a spring chicken…time for him to go and good luck.

There's no way Ollie would have been dropped last season, given how many he was scoring.

I think saying Davis has never been good enough is very harsh personally. I think his all round game has been strong, and I think writing him off at this level is a big risk.

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

There's no way Ollie would have been dropped last season, given how many he was scoring.

I think saying Davis has never been good enough is very harsh personally. I think his all round game has been strong, and I think writing him off at this level is a big risk.

I think saying “dropped” gives the wrong impression, Ollie had some games where he looked tired and has long spells when he doesn’t score.  Literally most people on this forum at one point was saying that Davis should start, even me, but Smith didn’t.

We have to agree to disagree on whether Davis has been good enough, as I say he’s had a few moments but just never enough and the managers seem to agree.  I’m delighted he’s found a place on loan and doing well.  It’s the right level and even if his goals tally doesn’t build up he can offer a lot for that level otherwise.

I don’t think it’s a risk, easy to add a buy back clause or something but at 24 he’s not suddenly going to change and his goal scoring will never be enough.  He’s 24 and scored 6 goals in the Championship and 1 in the PL.  he’s had injuries as well but 7 league goals for a striker by the age of 24 isn’t great.

I have no doubt in my mind that he'd be a huge asset to us right now, it's not like our strikers are prolific at the moment anyway.

His problem in the past was that he could never stay fit, he looks like he's finally put the injuries behind him. Bring him home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I have no doubt in my mind that he'd be a huge asset to us right now, it's not like our strikers are prolific at the moment anyway.

His problem in the past was that he could never stay fit, he looks like he's finally put the injuries behind him. Bring him home. 

Sell Ings and Watkins, Archer and Davis to lead the line next season.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think saying “dropped” gives the wrong impression, Ollie had some games where he looked tired and has long spells when he doesn’t score.  Literally most people on this forum at one point was saying that Davis should start, even me, but Smith didn’t.

We have to agree to disagree on whether Davis has been good enough, as I say he’s had a few moments but just never enough and the managers seem to agree.  I’m delighted he’s found a place on loan and doing well.  It’s the right level and even if his goals tally doesn’t build up he can offer a lot for that level otherwise.

I don’t think it’s a risk, easy to add a buy back clause or something but at 24 he’s not suddenly going to change and his goal scoring will never be enough.  He’s 24 and scored 6 goals in the Championship and 1 in the PL.  he’s had injuries as well but 7 league goals for a striker by the age of 24 isn’t great.

At the end of the day a striker has to score goals....thats his role in the team.....all the other, attributes are very noble, but he has to score.

Whether Keinan can do all his peripheral build up work in the Prem, is debatable......I think Keinnan will be a good championship player and I wish him well, as you do Nick.

In the Premier League the standard of defender is very high, and you have to have your wits about you to capitalise.....being sharp minded and in terms of movement is paramount.

It takes a special player to thrive as a striker, in the Prem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There is something, that teases the thought process here.

I would be interested to see it tried.....whether it would work, I have no idea.

55 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Good job the club hire people that actually know what they are doing than letting fans decide.

Â