Keinan Davis

a-k

12 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

If someone wants to raise a specific criticism of Davis’ brief performance tonight then I’m all ears (because I must have missed what he did wrong). It seems far more simply consider it their duty to jab a finger and say “he’s shit” every time he sets foot on the pitch.

Don't think anyone can anyone really shit on him tbf - not on for long. 

54 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

If someone wants to raise a specific criticism of Davis’ brief performance tonight then I’m all ears (because I must have missed what he did wrong). It seems far more simply consider it their duty to jab a finger and say “he’s shit” every time he sets foot on the pitch.

I think if you read back, especially from me whose probably his biggest critic is not what you are commenting on above about his performance tonight, it’s the fact that some fans on here saying put Ollie wide and Davis centrally next game(s).

I don’t think anybody can judge him good or bad based on less than ten minutes on the pitch.  Obviously I have my opinion generally on Davis but I haven’t and I don’t think others tonight have negatively commented on what he did tonight.

Modern day Heskey. Brings others in and all that jazz. How about he brings others in and scores too. 

Thought he made a difference today. 

However when he finally scores (surely one day) I'm gonna run around the west Midlands naked. 

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Modern day Heskey. Brings others in and all that jazz. How about he brings others in and scores too. 

However when he finally scores (surely one day) I'm gonna run around the west Midlands naked. 

I’ll be sure to close my curtains if he scores.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think if you read back, especially from me whose probably his biggest critic is not what you are commenting on above about his performance tonight, it’s the fact that some fans on here saying put Ollie wide and Davis centrally next game(s).

For someone that thinks people should read what was posted, I wanna point out here that suggestion was based on us not performing and struggling like we did last night when Jack isn't there to save Deano.. thus getting Davis on offers something different.

Perhaps you need to start reading posts yourself?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

I do agree Nick, I say we move Ollie out side and play Davis next game.

Ollie is not getting much up top on his own of late, but in the last few games where he looks like he has been cutting in from the left in parts of games made me think that maybe it is an option for us after all.

I don't see what could go wrong, Trial and error and all that, but I think alot of teams are now onto us and how we play and who plays where etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks shot of confidence and simply does not score enough goals

To be fair Dem, he isn't going to see much action or score goals always being on the bench.

He would have been on alot sooner last night given the amount of crosses and ling balls into the box we were pinging in.

12 minutes is not enough time for anyone really to be fair to the lad.

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He is absolutely miles off Heskey at that age, I mean miles.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I do agree Nick, I say we move Ollie out side and play Davis next game.

Ollie is not getting much up top on his own of late, but in the last few games where he looks like he has been cutting in from the left in parts of games made me think that maybe it is an option for us after all.

I don't see what could go wrong, Trial and error and all that, but I think alot of teams are now onto us and how we play and who plays where etc.

So we move a striker that scores goals to bring in one that doesn’t score goals. Can’t get on board with that one.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be fair Dem, he isn't going to see much action or score goals always being on the bench.

He would have been on alot sooner last night given the amount of crosses and ling balls into the box we were pinging in.

12 minutes is not enough time for anyone really to be fair to the lad.

I agree to an extent but davis has never been a big goal scorer even in the championship.

I personally dont think he is good enough for this level

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So we move a striker that scores goals but isn't doing so at the moment to bring in one that doesn’t score goals because he sits on the bench.

Corrected for you !!!

Ollie is averaging one goal every 240 minutes, Keinan has only played 49 minutes in total this season ...... you can't compare unless you give Keinan 240 minutes and I would take a punt that he may well more than match Ollie if he was given that opportunity !

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I personally think davis needs a loan move. Looks shot of confidence and simply does not score enough goals

I don't get the sense that he lacks confidence.

Looked very dominant and strong when coming on. He was winning his aerial duels and linked up well too in the little time he got on the pitch.

Agree that he needs a loan move or a permanent move though. Way too good to sit on the bench.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So we move a striker that scores goals to bring in one that doesn’t score goals. Can’t get on board with that one.

Ollie would still offer an attacking threat out wide and dare say he would still see goals.

In a game like last night I don't think there would have been any harm in experimenting and utilising the players that we have got and even in the games that are more suited to their style of play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting we do that every game or from now until the end of the season. I would just like to see us try different things in games (like last night).

I agree there are and will be better options than Davis in the summer, but until then I don't think it will harm us to try and use him where we need his strength in certain games imo.

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree to an extent but davis has never been a big goal scorer even in the championship.

I personally dont think he is good enough for this level

We will never know.

I think a few minutes in games towards the end doesn't do any justice.

However, of those small pockets of play he has featured in this season, I still seen enough in those minutes to know that yes, we do have a player here for sure, just frustring (especially for him) that he does not get a chance or even given longer to show what he can actually do.

I think the poor lad comes in for a tonne of unfair critism and written off when none of us have actually really see him start or even complete 90 minutes in the PL yet.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think anybody can judge him good or bad based on less than ten minutes on the pitch.  Obviously I have my opinion generally on Davis but I haven’t and I don’t think others tonight have negatively commented on what he did tonight.

To be fair Nick, it seems people forget that Ollie was a winger for the majority of his career .

Now that's not me saying we should move him, but it's not as outlandish as it seems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â