Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, gaffer85 said:

Yes but with Elmo crossing Ollie coming in at the back arguably would get him more chances 

Again it's just another option limited like the others unfortunately 

That what makes team selection difficult too many players with limitations.

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

That what makes team selection difficult too many players with limitations.

Unfortunately but that is what we have at the moment so you have to work out a system that works 

Our set pieces our woeful this is definitely somewhere we need to improve because you can get cheap easy goals this way, this is why hourihane was important last year for us as he is the only one who can take one, maybe sanson can improve us here

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd move Emi to Sweeper and give Heaton a game as well.

YOLO, sod it!

On a serious note though, forgetting goalscoring, at least he has the strength to hold the ball up, and he can pass.

Ollie often drifts wide anyway.

Starting them both up front wouldn't mean they stick in one position up top IMO.

Problem is that our front line isn’t the problem, you give Ollie a chance he can score.  Jack in world class and Traore ain’t bad.  It’s our midfield that’s the problem so we need to fix that not mess with upfront because whether it’s Ollie with two of either Traore,Trez, El Ghazi or Davis (until Jack is back)it isn’t going to make a difference with our midfield out of form.  That’s what need our attention.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

Why not how many chances did he have today playing through the middle or when was his last chance for that matter must have been the arsenal goal which was defensive mistake by them

I don’t think he’ll have more headed chances from out wide coming in than he would as a central striker...sorry I just can’t agree to that.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Or he’s just not good enough 🤔

So what?

Is Trez, El Ghazi or even Barkley good enough? 

The moment I see Trez coming while losing I know it’s a nail loss. The moment I see Barkley it’s as we’re playing 10!

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Problem is that our front line isn’t the problem, you give Ollie a chance he can score.  Jack in world class and Traore ain’t bad.  It’s our midfield that’s the problem so we need to fix that not mess with upfront because whether it’s Ollie with two of either Traore,Trez, El Ghazi or Davis (until Jack is back)it isn’t going to make a difference with our midfield out of form.  That’s what need our attention.

That's exactly why people are suggesting Davis. I understand you don't remotely rate him and that's fair enough, but given how ineffective our midfield is he offers a way for us to bypass it by lumping it up to him. 

It's not a brand of football I like, but when the way you set up is ineffective, a change in style and not only in personnel might do the trick. 

Ideally we would all want someone more reliable than Davis to do this, but that's what we have, and I personally still find it preferable to bring Trez on. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Man. @nick76having a real vendetta against my man Keinan.

Why do you hate him so much 😭

I really like him and hope he finds another club soon. Deserves to play football.

As I’ve said on here a number of times on here I would love for him to be a success here but I don’t think he’s good enough.  I think he’ll end up at a mid to lower championship team, maybe top end league one team and a good career.  

We are a mid table at least PL team with a backup striker who can’t score.  Not a low scoring striker but almost non-existent throughout his career at Premier League, PL2 and championship level.  

His assist stats are even worse and I believe the only reason he doesn’t get hounded by some Villa fans is due to coming through the academy and we love academy players even past their sell by date.

Fans talk about his hold up play but never leads to assists or goals backed up by the stats.

Fans talk about that not all strikers score goals but that’s not true because why you have the Vardy, Kane and Salahs of the world scoring for fun, past “creative” or “hold up” strikers always scored their fair although lower portion of goals like the Sheringhams of the world.

Fans talk about if he has a decent run in the team or gets a couple of goals he’ll be on his way but he’s had runs including the championship, including PL2, he doesn’t look like he’s going to score when he gets chances and doesn’t. I remember when he did score, he looked shocked....to be fair so did I.

I want him to do well,I hope he gets a great move and a really good career, I hope we buy another striker that can really be competition for Ollie.

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

That's exactly why people are suggesting Davis. I understand you don't remotely rate him and that's fair enough, but given how ineffective our midfield is he offers a way for us to bypass it by lumping it up to him. 

It's not a brand of football I like, but when the way you set up is ineffective, a change in style and not only in personnel might do the trick. 

Ideally we would all want someone more reliable than Davis to do this, but that's what we have, and I personally still find it preferable to bring Trez on. 

Fair enough!  I don’t think Ollie should move from centrally but if people want Davis on then play left forward and he needs to adapt to it.  I don’t feel moving Ollie is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I agree that Davis could do a job in midfield and its probably more suited to his game as his pace, hold up play and physicality is quite good. Something to try I reckon. 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

As I’ve said on here a number of times on here I would love for him to be a success here but I don’t think he’s good enough.  I think he’ll end up at a mid to lower championship team, maybe top end league one team and a good career.  

We are a mid table at least PL team with a backup striker who can’t score.  Not a low scoring striker but almost non-existent throughout his career at Premier League, PL2 and championship level.  

His assist stats are even worse and I believe the only reason he doesn’t get hounded by some Villa fans is due to coming through the academy and we love academy players even past their sell by date.

Fans talk about his hold up play but never leads to assists or goals backed up by the stats.

Fans talk about that not all strikers score goals but that’s not true because why you have the Vardy, Kane and Salahs of the world scoring for fun, past “creative” or “hold up” strikers always scored their fair although lower portion of goals like the Sheringhams of the world.

Fans talk about if he has a decent run in the team or gets a couple of goals he’ll be on his way but he’s had runs including the championship, including PL2, he doesn’t look like he’s going to score when he gets chances and doesn’t. I remember when he did score, he looked shocked....to be fair so did I.

I want him to do well,I hope he gets a great move and a really good career, I hope we buy another striker that can really be competition for Ollie.

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but he's pretty much the only player we have that can change our attacking approach. 

When plan A isn't working, rather than stubbornly persist with it I'd rather give plab B a shot. It's not guaranteed to work, sure. But hell, we never looked like scoring anyway. 

Edit - sorry, I misread and thought this was a reply to my message! 

Edited by WooJung

3 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I can’t remember a game where Smith bring Davis and the performance got worse. He usually improves the overall play. Same goes with Ramsey, but that’s not the case with El Ghazi and Trez. 

15 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

So what?

Is Trez, El Ghazi or even Barkley good enough? 

The moment I see Trez coming while losing I know it’s a nail loss. The moment I see Barkley it’s as we’re playing 10!

They are better than Davis.  I’m with you on the lack of quality but Trez has scored some key goals for use specially end of last season and early this season, ElGhazi just scored 5 goals in 5 matches last month and was arguably top 3 in our player of the month for January because of the goals.  Barkley was great at the beginning of the season (poor at the moment). Davis hasn’t shown much for years at all.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough!  I don’t think Ollie should move from centrally but if people want Davis on then play left forward and he needs to adapt to it.  I don’t feel moving Ollie is the right thing to do.

We need a player who knows how to control the ball there. No one is better than Ollie in that aspect. He was a winger anyway. Him and Ramsey can limit the damage of Grealish absence.

Just now, nick76 said:

They are better than Davis.  I’m with you on the lack of quality but Trez has scored some key goals for use specially end of last season and early this season, ElGhazi just scored 5 goals in 5 matches last month and was arguably top 3 in our player of the month for January because of the goals.  Barkley was great at the beginning of the season (poor at the moment). Davis hasn’t shown much for years at all.

How many games Trez played to score that? Has he scored any this season? 
What would we lose if we gave Davis a chance?

Davis wasn’t bad at any particular game. 

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I can’t remember a game where Smith bring Davis and the performance got worse. He usually improves the overall play. Same goes with Ramsey, but that’s not the case with El Ghazi and Trez. 

Low bar though!

Davis coming doesn’t make us worse 😂😂😂 Not sure where he’s improved the overall play that’s just not true.

Anyway we know that Trez and El Ghazi have won us games

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How many games Trez played to score that? Has he scored any this season? 
What would we lose if we gave Davis a chance?

Davis wasn’t bad at any particular game. 

I’m no fan of Trez but are you kidding, he’s scored some important goals last season for us.

Davis has been poor in a number of games, so ineffective.

Â