a-k

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Even a narrow 4-4-2 of 

Martinez

Cash        Konsa            Mings       Targett

Sanson     Luiz  Nakamba   McGinn

Watkins   Davis

Could work when no Jack is available.

The lack of creativity in that team is scary.  It’s like parking the bus in front of our goal and hoping for a 0-0.  

Are you Steve Bruce in disguise?

Newcastle United Bruce GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

Just now, nick76 said:

The lack of creativity in that team is scary.  It’s like parking the bus in front of our goal and hoping for a 0-0.  

Are you Steve Bruce in disguise?

Newcastle United Bruce GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

Best Roy Hodgson GIFs | Gfycat

It would be a strategy of attacking down the flanks with the full backs well able to provide the width with Nakamba covering. Also a counter attacking threath too with Davis capable of supporting Watkins.

Will never happen anyway. 

I think we probably should change tactics when Jack isn't there

Maybe 3 5 2 

Martinez 

Konsa     engels/hause   mings

Cash       Nakamba  luiz        targett 

Mcginn

Watkins      Davis 

I think with this it also makes us more dangerous on set pieces because of extra height 

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I've been telling you this for months!!   

;)

It’s rare though.  Happy to be wrong though, he’s cack generally but did a few nice things tonight.  Every player has a good day once in a blue moon.  Would’ve been nice if he scored but we know that’s not in his abilities.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Grealish ---- Davies ----- Watkins

That fwd line if available makes the most sense.

Agreed.

Wouldn't even need to score ( Obs would be nice too lol )

But could do the things he can do well, and allow the other two to do what they are good at.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

I think we probably should change tactics when Jack isn't there

Maybe 3 5 2 

Martinez 

Konsa     engels/hause   mings

Cash       Nakamba  luiz        targett 

Mcginn

Watkins      Davis 

I think with this it also makes us more dangerous on set pieces because of extra height 

Sam Allardyce, Gareth Southgate and 1 other cabbage like this.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not generally enthused when he comes on, but tonight was a night where he should've been on much earlier. Spurs were playing really physically and in need of some counter-bullying, which he can definitely do (and did in his limited time). Was just brought on too late to have much hope of saving the match.

• Like 1

I think a run in the team would benefit him and he looked very bright when he came on. No one else is stepping up so give him a go up with Ollie as a hold up player/provider. He can't do any worse than this current shite! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Sam Allardyce, Gareth Southgate and 1 other cabbage like this.

Well what's your solution then cause not working without Jack also tuchel uses this as well and they are 2nd best team in league since he took over just because some shit manager uses it doesn't mean it's a bad formation 

10 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Grealish ---- Davies ----- Watkins

That fwd line if available makes the most sense.

Nah. Grealish - Watkins - Traore works well, we know this. 

Davis isn't good enough. 

I think every single aspect of his game is better than Trezegeuts. Touch. Physique. Awareness. Intelligence. Team Play. Weight of Pass. Maybe even finishing as Trez's goals last season are looking more of a rarity and moments of fleeting brilliance.

It's a damn shame we didn't use this spell with Jack out to get him the games he desperately needs. Instead we played a guy who we know is not good enough and will not be here next year.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

He’s been doing good in everytime he comes in. Possibly the only time he looked bad was against Wolves. I think him starting would give us another dimension. It would give Watkins more space too. I wanted him to score as that was the only way Smith would have had the courage to start him. But how can he score when we only play him when teams close down and we’re behind, add to that the fact that he only plays 10 mins or even less. 

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

MoTM last night imo.

Wouldn’t say that as Targett, Konsa had their moments. Mings and McGinn were good too. 
We weren’t bad before their goal. But we really lack Davis ability as he’s the most player that can hold up the play. 
Actually, only Targett, Grealish and Traore that I can trust they won’t lose the ball easier than him. Traore takes a lot of risks (which he should do to create). That alone would improve us. Trez can’t control, El Ghazi could be dangerous but again with no control. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think every single aspect of his game is better than Trezegeuts. Touch. Physique. Awareness. Intelligence. Team Play. Weight of Pass. Maybe even finishing as Trez's goals last season are looking more of a rarity and moments of fleeting brilliance.

It's a damn shame we didn't use this spell with Jack out to get him the games he desperately needs. Instead we played a guy who we know is not good enough and will not be here next year.

This. Every team selection should begin first with the thought, 'How do we make a team that doesn't include Trezeguet'.

Davis looked good when he came on.

Â